Neptune Announces Its Merger with Bulk Reef Supply

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive realized its simply for the data. That's why they are buying Apex. Its a gold-mine if you're a retailer in this space.
That’s also a huge thing IMO. There are lord knows how many emails linked to apex fusion and beyond that they can get so much info from what people actually connect to them

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s also a huge thing IMO. There are lord knows how many emails linked to apex fusion and beyond that they can get so much info from what people actually connect to them

All the more reason to use GHL. Their products are better anyways - and you can avoid a major retailer getting your data to exploit for their own profit.

akleasure

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did everyone forget

Well... I was iffy about Neptune before. This tilts my opinion in a negative direction. I never heard about this before. dang.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
All the more reason to use GHL. Their products are better anyways - and you can avoid a major retailer getting your data to exploit for their own profit.
Theyre SUPPOSED to request permission to access our info and Data and Disclose how that information is used AND I am a lover of BRS- not knocking them

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im confused by it tbh. Im not understanding the synergy here. I anything it appears to compromise their position in the market place.

Why? Their brand appears to me to built on the concept that they are selling 'good quality gear that they themselves would use in their tanks'. They dont care about which brand of gear they are selling, so long as it is good quality gear at a decent price point. Great - I get that brand strategy and I like it. They are supposed to be 'vendor neutral'.

Now they buy Apex/Merge with Apex - so now their neutral position is compromised. They are in bed with Apex. If they reccomend Apex gear (lets say future gear) - will I trust them? No - they are in business together through ownership. They cannot go against their own products (might even be Directory misconduct if they did) - so now they have lost their value proposition to me - I simply cant trust what they are reccomending to me, which was the original sell they built their brand on in the first place.
Have you seen brs recommend products they don't sell/ carry?

They have always been biased to their product line in one way or another.

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theyre SUPPOSED to request permission to access our info and Data and Disclose how that information is used AND I am a lover of BRS- not knocking them

and how often do you think that is done in practice? GDPR is real and has teeth - I know because I work in the ‘industry’. North America has no such real standards with teeth outside of HIPPA/PHIPPA and they are both weak compared with GDPR.

No one abides by those segregation ‘promises’. Even Google takes patient data and ‘anonymizes it’ (we all laugh about that one because there is no such thing) and runs it through their machine learning programs with no oversight.

this is an old article - you can imagine where we are now

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen brs recommend products they don't sell/ carry?

They have always been biased to their product line in one way or another.

I think you missed my follow up posts - I figured out why. The strategy has to do with capturing data to exploit/analyze

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back