• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Neptune Apex ATK – Automatic Top-Off Kit. . .. No FMM, but including spare New optical sensor

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Barely used and the only reason for sale is I went with a smart ATO due to having skimmer, scrubber, chiller, Reactor all in one area and the flat is disturbed by all the movement making it distribute water prematurely. This IS the orange pump and i'm pretty sure i have the original box. All items ARE included and unit VERY clean.
Disconnected and ready to use !!!
Now. . . . I will mention the subject of shipping. I have lost my butt in 2020 with shipping costs and am no longer being generous meaning that My price is FIRM. . . . and Not taking offers although people try anyway. I am giving you a good price from new and am even factoring the 10% black Friday so my price is Final. Does NOT come with the FMM, but easily connects to Apex EL and 2016 unit.

$105.00 Shipped !!

• No More Manual Topping Off
  • Leave Home for Days without Worry
  • Stop Lugging Buckets and Jugs
  • Maintain Consistent Salinity Levels
  • 3 Layers of Disaster Prevention
  • Installs in less than 5 minutes!

The ATK (Automatic Top-off Kit) is a simple, standalone, and complete solution for replacing water lost to evaporation.
The new aquarium hobbyist has many challenges, but none is more annoying than the chore of adding water, every day, to make up for that lost to evaporation (a.k.a. topping off/up). This alone usually makes the automatic top-off (ATO) device the first piece of automation equipment purchased.
The ironic flip side of this decision is that a faulty ATO device is one of the leading reasons for catastrophic aquarium failure, or even worse, flooding of the house or business.

• Works Standalone (NO APEX NECESSARY!)
  • Advanced features are unlocked when connected to an Apex (i.e. remote failure notification via text, email, or iOS alert)
  • Includes PMUP, a powerful 24VDC pump that can push water vertically up to 14’
  • Audible failure alarm

1604184048417.png
1604184073134.png
1604184099097.png

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just went out let me think about it for a sec!

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
SOLD
Mods please close ad

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You would need the FMM module. That is unless it’s one of those special units VRS did a few months back, which connected via I/O port.
ATK is the first product in the NS line that does not require Apex to work. Technically, you can plug WAV pumps into the power source and run them on 100% power in constant mode without Apex. With ATK, you can take it out of the box, plug in all the wires, install the sensors in the sump or tank, dump the refill pump in the reservoir and you’re good to go. It will work as a fully functional auto top off device and never require a connection to apex to adjust its operation. Of course, connecting the device to Apex further expands its functionality. It has the same plug-in on unit for the newer apex units.

tbaity1401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATK is the first product in the NS line that does not require Apex to work. Technically, you can plug WAV pumps into the power source and run them on 100% power in constant mode without Apex. With ATK, you can take it out of the box, plug in all the wires, install the sensors in the sump or tank, dump the refill pump in the reservoir and you’re good to go. It will work as a fully functional auto top off device and never require a connection to apex to adjust its operation. Of course, connecting the device to Apex further expands its functionality. It has the same plug-in on unit for the newer apex units.

But you would need the FMM Module which isn't included to run it stand alone correct? Moot point now because its sold. Was interested but trying to understand how to get it to work without the FMM module.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
But you would need the FMM Module which isn't included to run it stand alone correct? Moot point now because its sold. Was interested but trying to understand how to get it to work without the FMM module.
To simply for you..... you can plug WAV, ATK, DOS, , , , into these accessory ports direct for control

1604243820636.png
1604243832739.png

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So where do the optical sensors plug into?
Break out box. early versions utilized the float only as with most ATO units that utilize float

Eder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t connect sensors to BOB. Sensors have 3mm jacks.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can’t connect sensors to BOB. Sensors have 3mm jacks.
Setting up an auto top off device was always possible using Apex (Neptune Systems’ flagship controller platform), it involved the use of a peripheral module (breakout box) and a third-party refill pump to operate. Then the ATK became advanced but the concept does not work.
No offense but I have a lot of home projects to do and not sure why this has become a 2 page discussion from a listing. I am not Apex customer service and tech support and dont have the time other than taking breaks from outdoors due to wind and cold.

From a quick search online, There is all kinds of info.
Here is an example:

When it comes to neptune Systems’ latest offering, there are a lot of “firsts”. Starting from the obvious one, it is the first plug-and-play ATO device the Silicon Valley-based manufacturer makes. Although setting up an auto top off device was always possible using apex (Neptune Systems’ flagship controller platform), it involved the use of a peripheral module (breakout box) and a third-party refill pump to operate. Auto Top of Kit, in contrary, comes with everything needed to transport water from an ATO container to the aquarium.

The second “first” is the fact that ATK comes almost completely pre-assembled, with all sensors confined in a single, compact mount, unlike other manufacturers that ship their ATOs in parts that need to be put together before use. There are only four elements to it- sensors and refill output mounted on an acrylic bracket held by a magnet, an FMM module, a refill pump, and a power adapter.

ATK has one more ace up its imaginary sleeve- Neptune Systems managed to “squeeze” three levels of failure protection into its ATO, with a possible fourth and more when connected to the apex. I will talk about all those levels in a separate paragraph, meanwhile, did you notice I used the words “when connected to the Apex” in the previous sentence?

Neptune Systems Auto Top Off

Possibly the biggest surprise Neptune Systems pulled off with Automatic Top-off Kit, especially for a long time apex user like myself, is its independent nature. ATK is the first product in the NS line that does not require apex to work. Technically, you can plug WAV pumps into the power source and run them on 100% power in constant mode without apex, but that doesn’t count. It would be like buying a sports car and putting a truck speed limiter on it. Anyway, with ATK, you can take it out of the box, plug in all the wires, install the sensors in the sump or tank, dump the refill pump in the reservoir and you’re good to go. It will work as a fully functional auto top off device and never require a connection to apex to adjust its operation. Of course, connecting the device to apex further expands its functionality. I still have a lot left to cover in this review, but let’s start with the unpacking process and a closer look at ATK’s main components.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back