Neptune Apex energy bar not working.

Hiroshii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the 2 mornings ago, 7 of my 8 Apex Powerbar outlets failed. I woke up in the morning and they simply were no longer working. #7 was the only outlet still working. I tried every single fix I could find online. Resetting, updating 100 times, deleting the entire thing and setting it all up again, yellow reset button on the back was never tripped, tried 3 different circuits in my house to rule out a bad circuit. Everything I could find. On Apex Fusion I see the error EB832 Voltage Error for my powerbar. This problem (EB832 Voltage Error) has been documented many times on multiple forums, but the only real fix seemed to be sending the unit in and having Apex repair it for around $150. I found a large aquarium store that was a 2 hour drive that had another brand new Apex 832 Powerbar in stock. I drove and purchased it. Brand new in the box sealed. Same exact one as the one that failed. Took it home, plugged it in. Tried to set it up. Same exact issue. None of the outlets work. Same EB832 Voltage Error. The lights come on, the 24V works and delivered power to the Apex Base Unit. No 120V. My powerheads don’t work. None of the outlets work. Brand new. What are the chances I had one fail and then bought a brand new dud? I am out of ideas here. I feel like I might be doing something wrong as I feel there is no way I bought a brand new powerbar that is showing the exact same voltage issues as my original. Can anyone smarter than me throw out some ideas on how to fix this? Or maybe what I am doing wrong?

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fry Reaction GIF

OP
OP
Hiroshii

Hiroshii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. good. with the new EB832 connected, check your modules list and make sure it shows up there with no errors. Delete any other modules that show as not connected. Do run a firmware update on it even if it says it's up to date.

OP
OP
Hiroshii

Hiroshii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. good. with the new EB832 connected, check your modules list and make sure it shows up there with no errors. Delete any other modules that show as not connected. Do run a firmware update on it even if it says it's up to date.
I do get an error, It's voltage error on the new EB832. Is there a way for me to delete everything from my apex fusion, I've tried doing a factory reset but when I add the apex on apex fusion all my old stuff is there. Also would the 8 outlets on a new EB832 Powerbar should work out of the box as soon as I plug it into the wall? Like are they set to output 120V default? Or do you have to go into Fusion and turn them on one by one? Because from the moment I plugged the new Powerbar in none of 8 the outlets have worked.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to connect your new EB832 and configure it in Fusion or over your local connection to the head unit before it will turn any of the AC outlets on. Take a screenshot of your "Modules" page in Fusion and post it here.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's the one. Now, from here do a firmware update on this EB832.

OP
OP
Hiroshii

Hiroshii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to see if I can one of them to come on. The old one still works only number 7 works. The new Apex is the top and the bottom one is the old.
20210802_084732.jpg

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any other Apex modules you could use to verify connectivity to the head unit?
I'm starting to suspect a problem with the head unit.

OP
OP
Hiroshii

Hiroshii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any other Apex modules you could use to verify connectivity to the head unit?
I'm starting to suspect a problem with the head unit.
Are referring to the apex controller base unit? If so then this is the only one I have.
20210802_085741.jpg

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant any other Apex modules, an FMM, a feeder or a DOS for example to test if the head unit can successfully control anything connected via aquabus.

I see it frequently that the head unit shows a module connected, but unable to control it due to a partially failed hardware component inside. Not sure if that's exactly your case, but can't rule it out.

My suggestion, especially since the other EB832 is brand new and under warranty, is to open up a support ticket with Neptune, have them guide you through the troubleshooting steps over the phone. If they can't fix it remotely and want the out of warranty module to be sent it for repairs, PM me. I may be able to fix it much cheaper than Neptune and to a higher quality.

OP
OP
Hiroshii

Hiroshii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant any other Apex modules, an FMM, a feeder or a DOS for example to test if the head unit can successfully control anything connected via aquabus.

I see it frequently that the head unit shows a module connected, but unable to control it due to a partially failed hardware component inside. Not sure if that's exactly your case, but can't rule it out.

My suggestion, especially since the other EB832 is brand new and under warranty, is to open up a support ticket with Neptune, have them guide you through the troubleshooting steps over the phone. If they can't fix it remotely and want the out of warranty module to be sent it for repairs, PM me. I may be able to fix it much cheaper than Neptune and to a higher quality.
I want to thank you so so much for helping me! I did send a ticket to Apex yesterday. I wanted to post this just in case it helps someone else.
I added the Neptune support to my apex fusion and Apex sent me this email then both energy bars came on and working! I don't even remember messing with the clocks on fusion ever. I'm just glad it's over. Back to the fun stuff now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802-113052_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210802-113052_Gmail.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 349

Jay B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi AV,
I have the same issue with my EB832. I checked outlet voltage, reset, USB connections etc. before I opened a ticket with Neptune. Response was that it is out of warranty and I can have it repaired for 150 - 180 typically or buy a new one. Not sure where I'm headed at this point but was wondering what your thoughts are on this as it appears to me that they can be repaired.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi AV,
I have the same issue with my EB832. I checked outlet voltage, reset, USB connections etc. before I opened a ticket with Neptune. Response was that it is out of warranty and I can have it repaired for 150 - 180 typically or buy a new one. Not sure where I'm headed at this point but was wondering what your thoughts are on this as it appears to me that they can be repaired.
I think that $180 for an EB832 repair is a highway robbery. PM me with details of your problem. I'll be happy to fix it for you.

DJ Lone1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank you so so much for helping me! I did send a ticket to Apex yesterday. I wanted to post this just in case it helps someone else.
I added the Neptune support to my apex fusion and Apex sent me this email then both energy bars came on and working! I don't even remember messing with the clocks on fusion ever. I'm just glad it's over. Back to the fun stuff now.
That worked for me too, dang clock.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back