Neptune Apex: Unable to attach Vortech MP40s to WXM

JollyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all,

I have two vortech mp40s in my 210 gallon display upstairs. My sump is in the basement. My Apex is in the basement with my sump. I added a WXM module to my Apex in the basement because I don't have a 15 foot usb cable to install the wxm upstairs. When i try to attach the mp40s to the wxm, it fails every time. Im guessing that the failure occurs because the wxm is too far away from the mp40s. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice?

Thanks!

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you make sure that the pump is in slave mode? I actually just added an additional mp40 to my system and it wasn't until I put it in slave mode that the wxm picked up the additional mp40.

OP
OP
JollyReefer

JollyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a ton for your replies! I'll check to see if the pumps are in slave mode. I don't believe they are. I didn't see any mention of that requirement in the documentation. If there's one thing I hate about this hobby, it's how poorly crafted all of the equipment documentation and instructions are. If I still can't get the MP40s to attach, I'll try the extension aquabus cable.

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all,

I have two vortech mp40s in my 210 gallon display upstairs. My sump is in the basement. My Apex is in the basement with my sump. I added a WXM module to my Apex in the basement because I don't have a 15 foot usb cable to install the wxm upstairs. When i try to attach the mp40s to the wxm, it fails every time. Im guessing that the failure occurs because the wxm is too far away from the mp40s. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice?

Thanks!

Are you at my house ?
I have the same problem same size tank
I just gave up

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To set the pump into slave mode, hold the set and mode buttons until the lights flash red, white, blue. When it is flashing push the set button it will flash blue yellow. Tap the mode button and the pump should now be in slave mode. At least these were the steps that I took last night. Hope this helps you.

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/wxm/vortech/

Setup three across two separate tanks. When you mentioned you are not sure what mode they are in, I wanted to check that you followed the directions. If it's a signal strength problem, you may need an extension cord to get the module in the best spot.

And just checking, you have wireless MP40s correct?

OP
OP
JollyReefer

JollyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all your replies. I still haven’t figured this out.

How can you tell that the mp40 has successfully attached to the wxm?

The instructions say that the light goes yellow/blue. When I try to attach, the light turns yellow/blue for one change and then it just flashes red/blue. So I’m confused because it doesn’t keep flashing yellow/blue and I can’t see anything meaningful about such an attachment in apex fusion.

Yes my mp40s are wireless.

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will know if it's attached to wxm because they will appear in your apex fusion dashboard. If they don't appear check to make sure you don't have new tiles. You may have to unlock the tiles and drag and drop them down to your dashboard.

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you cleared the memory and then continued with setup instructions you should be all set. As mentioned above, check to see if you have new tiles in the dashboard, then you will know it’s connected.

If nothing else bring one of the mp40s close to the wmx and try it. You may be out of range. If so get an extension cable.

If you continue to have a problem, call support. You may simply be out of range.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grab one and try to set it up in your sump. Hopefully you didn’t buy them as wireless( like I did ) and they’re not
Also you need to only plug in the one you’re setting up at that time, other one has to be unplugged

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grab one and try to set it up in your sump. Hopefully you didn’t buy them as wireless( like I did ) and they’re not
Also you need to only plug in the one you’re setting up at that time, other one has to be unplugged

Not sure they have to be unplugged. I setup three in a row and they were all plugged in.

OP
OP
JollyReefer

JollyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So I have Vortech tiles in apex fusion. But where the others say “on” or “off” by the gear these Vortech tiles say “missing”. Sounds off, right?

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all your replies. I still haven’t figured this out.

How can you tell that the mp40 has successfully attached to the wxm?

The instructions say that the light goes yellow/blue. When I try to attach, the light turns yellow/blue for one change and then it just flashes red/blue. So I’m confused because it doesn’t keep flashing yellow/blue and I can’t see anything meaningful about such an attachment in apex fusion.

Yes my mp40s are wireless.
Hi, did you ever get this working? What was the outcome? I'm having the same issue and cannot get support from Neptune. They blame it on Ecotech, Ecotech blames it on Neptune.

OP
OP
JollyReefer

JollyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, did you ever get this working? What was the outcome? I'm having the same issue and cannot get support from Neptune. They blame it on Ecotech, Ecotech blames it on Neptune.
Yeah, I ended up buying and installing Apex’s WXM module. It works now.

OP
OP
JollyReefer

JollyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines blinking red/blue it when trying to pair with the wxm. Neptune says it's ecotech, ecotech says its Neptune. Good times

I might have had that problem. Make sure the WXM is located very close to the powerhead controllers. That fixed the problem for me.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did this last night.

If it’s missing, you didn’t reset them or clear them. Follow the link severs posts above to reset them. Once you do that they should show above their tile which program they are running.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 118 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 60 29.6%
Back