Neptune Apex: Way to adjust pump speed with If Output?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if there's any way to adjust pump speed through the If Output command -or- if there's another way to gradually ramp down or ramp up return pump speed. I have a virtual outlet (vFeed) setup to work with my Neptune AFS and when the virtual outlet is triggered ON (3x daily) instead of just turning the pump OFF I'd like to set a slower pump speed - the same way I can do for the FeedA-D modes. It's a Sicce SDC 9.0 that's configured via IOTA, so Apex is able to control it.

The return pump normally runs @45%, so I just have it set to throttle down to @5% whenever Feed Modes A-C are triggered (Feed Mode D is for maintenance).

Sicce SDC 9.0
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then 5
If FeedB 000 Then 5
If FeedC 000 Then 5
If FeedD 000 Then OFF
Defer 001:00 Then ON
If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF « If I assign a value here such as "5" it doesn't do anything
Defer 004:00 Then ON

vFeed
Set OFF
If Time 08:00 to 08:02 Then ON
If Time 12:00 to 12:02 Then ON
If Time 18:00 to 18:02 Then ON
Defer 002:00 Then OFF

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a Profile to ramp the pump down:

If Output vFeed = ON Then RampDown

7149EFEB-C155-4695-A4EC-13CDF8B8D343.jpeg

OP
OP
blaxsun

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I guess Profiles aren't supported through IOTA devices at this time. According to the documentation, "If Output vFeed = ON Then 5" should work - but for whatever reason, it doesn't. Appreciate the help and suggestion!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I guess Profiles aren't supported through IOTA devices at this time. According to the documentation, "If Output vFeed = ON Then 5" should work - but for whatever reason, it doesn't. Appreciate the help and suggestion!
Ahh, I was not aware that Profiles are not supported, but now I see that on page 15 of the IOTA Sicce user guide: https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/IoTa-Sicce_SDC_Pump_User_Guide.pdf

Does it work if you specify a higher or lower percentage than 5?

OP
OP
blaxsun

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I've tried a variety of numbers (ie: 10, 20, 50, etc.) - it always stays on without changing the pump speed (unless I set it to OFF, and then it goes to 0).
You'll probably need to contact Neptune Support. Your programming is valid, and the user guide clearly shows that If Output supports using percentages. Since Sicce IOTA support was just recently added to the Apex, perhaps there's a bug they're not aware of.

OP
OP
blaxsun

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm looking to do this exact thing
Yes - you also have to copy the programming for the outlet into the IOTA device configuration (the one where you set the schedule). There's a gear icon in the top of that screen.

gadgeTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but hopefully adding to it will retain the context....

I have a similar setup in that I am controlling my AFS to feed and I'd like to control my return pump (both Neptune) to reduce speed during feeing.... however, I have a twist....

In addition to having the return pump ramp down when feeding starts , I'd like it to then ramp back up starting 10 minutes after feeding is complete.

In the above code, everything works except the final Defer statement in the return pump's code, because the Defer statement cannot end in a profile and instead needs to be either On or Off but I want to use a ramp profile.

In my setup, I have an AFS named "Feeder", a virtual outlet named "FeedMe" and a return pump named "Rtrn_pmp". I have ramp profiles for my return pump named "RampDown" and "RampUp."

So my desired feeding program is that at noon and 8pm as well as whenever I manually run FeedA, I'd like the AFS to do 2 drum spins. During each feed program's run, I'd like my return pump to ramp down at the start, then wait 1 minute for the ramp to complete before doing the first AFS drum rotation, then wait 30 seconds and do a second drum rotation, then about 10 minutes after, start ramping the return pump back up.

I can't quite get the programming for all 3 items (the AFS, the Return Pump and the virtual outlet for feeding) to coordinate. Especially the final part about waiting 10 minutes and then ramping up the return pump.

Any programming assistance would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, I learned the hard way today that it's not easy to remove the AFS drum unless it's empty. During my testing, I didn't want to keep feeding the tank, so I thought I'd remove the drum while testing. Instead, I accidentally pulled the face cover off the drum and dumped about 5 days worth of food into my tank :-(

gadgeTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, here's my current programming:

** FeedMe (the virtual feeding outlet):
Set OFF
If Time 12:00 to 12:03 Then ON
If Time 20:00 to 20:03 Then ON
If FeedA 001 Then ON
Defer 001:00 Then OFF
If Output EmailAlm_bse = ON Then OFF

** Feeder (the Neptune AFS):
Set OFF
If Output FeedMe = ON Then ON

** Rtrn_pmp (the Neptune return pump):
Fallback ON
If FeedA 000 Then RampDown
If Output FeedMe = ON Then RampDown
If Output FeedMe = OFF Then RampUp
Defer 010:00 Then ON <--- this is where I'd like to have it do RampUp instead

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back