Neptune Apex WiFi Critical Failure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Neptune Apex is not going to connect to Fusion no matter how many times I reboot. I have booted and rebooted 10 times. I am tired of rebooting. Is there a Plan B that is recommended by Neptune or anyone else. This has to work or I need to pull it out and demand a return of my money. Can’t believe this happened in less than 3 weeks. Is this normal?

Plan B cannot include hardwiring to the internet which is physically impossible and it cannot include wiring to a computer, as my surface does not have an internet port.

Is there a hard reboot? If I do that, do I lose all of the configurations. That’s a lot if so. I didn’t even do the lights, a professional did.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the local network? Can you access it via the apex's IP?

OP
OP
ReefSCTim

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. The IP is not listed on the router. Can’t ping it. Can’t ring it. The router works just fine with the 12 other attached devices in my house. This is so frustrating!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. The IP is not listed on the router. Can’t ping it. Can’t ring it. The router works just fine with the 12 other attached devices in my house. This is so frustrating!

I mean have you tried ApexBrowse or the Apex laptop application? To locate it. Also, what colors are you flashing?

(I have those two applications on my computer, I forget whether I got them from Apex's site or from their support staff)

I have always been the person who struggles with their wifi network and using gaming adapters for apex- but the apex 2016 has been a dream. Reconnects immediately after any outage or router reset.

Last edited:

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard reboot is unpluging power. Ask Apex they gave me a little app that helped me figure out the problem. I actually got locked out, because I tried it first, then didn't use it for two weeks. When i set it up with the tank. No way to connect, so I contacted them and then sent me an app that allowed me to find apex and then set it up again.

OP
OP
ReefSCTim

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean have you tried ApexBrowse or the Apex laptop application? To locate it. Also, what colors are you flashing?

I have always been the person who struggles with their wifi network and using gaming adapters for apex- but the apex 2016 has been a dream. Reconnects immediately after any outage or router reset.

I do not know what Apex browse or the Apex application is. I have tried to connect to it by logging directly into fusion but I get the same error message. Willing to try anything if I can get a link to it. I am showing orange on the front of the unit and the connectors on the bottom are flashing green, with the center one yellow or orange not sure of color.

OP
OP
ReefSCTim

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know what Apex browse or the Apex application is. I have tried to connect to it by logging directly into fusion but I get the same error message. Willing to try anything if I can get a link to it. I am showing orange on the front of the unit and the connectors on the bottom are flashing green, with the center one yellow or orange not sure of color.

I do use the iPad app but get the same error message.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the debug they gave me. You need to first remove the apex from your fusion.

"It sounds like Fusion says it is linked as this is a rare incident I have see it happen before. I would remove the Apex from Fusion and then within 5-10 minutes the Apex will be able to re-link to a Fusion account. Now re-link the Apex to your Fusion.

When you re-link the Apex you will need to re-add us to Fusion.

To remove the Apex from Fusion List Page Left click on the gear icon and choose Remove
attachment

Here is a different way to link your Apex to your Fusion account then the get started guide shows.

Log into the APEX.LOCAL Dashboard follow the steps below. (This ONLY works on a computer not mobile phones or tablets)

1) Download and use the BROWSER tools below in the email to find your APEX Network/IP Address.
attachment

Download the appropriate Apex Browse Utilities Tool. There is a Windows and MAC version.

Windows
https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/utility/ApexBrowse_pc.zip

Mac

https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/utility/ApexBrowse_mac.zip

2) Type the IP Address in your Web Browser while connected to the SAME internet as the APEX
Open the internet browser. Type in the IP Address into the internet browser.

attachment

3) Then log in. Default is admin and 1234
attachment

4) Look for the Apex Fusion tile and what does it say out of the three options?

attachment

If the Fusion tile shows OK then your Apex is already connected.
If the Fusion tile shows No Communication that tells us the Apex is linked to a Fusion account, but is having communication issues.
If the Fusion tile shows Generate a Link Token tells us the Apex is not link and is ready to give a link token.

5) To generate the Link Token click on the tile

attachment

attachment

6) Now this tile will show the token. Note the toke is only valid for 10 minutes and the it will change.

attachment

(the Token is case sensitive)

7) Sign in to your Fusion account

attachment

8) Now click on the LINK icon

attachment

9) Now enter the token from the Apex Local dashboard manually in Fusion
attachment

10) Now you have successfully linked your Apex to your Fusion account.
attachment

7) Now copy the token manually in Fusion

attachment

8) Now you have successfully linked your Apex to your Fusion account.

attachment

"

OP
OP
ReefSCTim

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the debug they gave me. You need to first remove the apex from your fusion.

"It sounds like Fusion says it is linked as this is a rare incident I have see it happen before. I would remove the Apex from Fusion and then within 5-10 minutes the Apex will be able to re-link to a Fusion account. Now re-link the Apex to your Fusion.

To remove the Apex from Fusion List Page Left click on the gear icon and choose Remove
attachment

Here is a different way to link your Apex to your Fusion account then the get started guide shows.

Log into the APEX.LOCAL Dashboard follow the steps below. (This ONLY works on a computer not mobile phones or tablets)

1) Download and use the BROWSER tools below in the email to find your APEX Network/IP Address.
attachment

Download the appropriate Apex Browse Utilities Tool. There is a Windows and MAC version.

Windows

Mac

2) Type the IP Address in your Web Browser while connected to the SAME internet as the APEX

attachment

attachment

attachment

If the Fusion tile shows No Communication that tells us the Apex is linked to a Fusion account, but is having communication issues.
If the Fusion tile shows Generate a Link Token tells us the Apex is not link and is ready to give a link token.

attachment

attachment

6) Now this tile will show the token. Note the toke is only valid for 10 minutes and the it will change.

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

"

I will certainly give this a try. Thanks!

OP
OP
ReefSCTim

ReefSCTim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

attachment

attachment

Windows

Mac

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

attachment

"

Thanks!!! This certainly got me back in the door. Really appreciate the information. Would never have gotten back to a good place without the help. Hope this helps others as well. Happy Reefing!!!

Back