Neptune cant figure out what the issue is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the ATK and need some assistance with setup. I tried emailing neptune systems and they cant figure out what is causing my issue. They have been working on it for days and cant figure the below. I also posted to the neptune forum and they also cant figure it out there either. Bad Optical sensor? or FMM? Hoping someone here can help.

In the first screenshot below I have two other electric float switches as emergency backup (a really high water line and a really low water line). I am using the FMM primarily to hold the water line in the sump at the low optical sensor (Apx-LO). Then have my first line of defense at the high optical sensor (Apx-HI) on the atk.

Easy right? apparently not!!!

The issue:
Apx-LO (lower optical on the atk) not holding the water line and fails causing the water to rise to Apx-HI which does hold the water line

Here are the texts I am getting below:

Here is my programing below:

Solinoid outlet programing
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If LOW CLOSED Then ON
If APX-LO CLOSED Then OFF
If APX-HI CLOSED Then OFF
If HIGH CLOSED Then OFF
Min Time 000:05 Then OFF

Auto top off pump outlet (Pmup)
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If LOW CLOSED Then ON
If APX-LO CLOSED Then OFF
If LOW CLOSED Then ON
If HIGH CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 060:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:04 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 005:00 Then ON

Last edited:

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually for the solenoid, you want it set to off and then statements that turn it in, here is the script to my solenoid.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_L1 OPEN Then ON
If ATO_L2 CLOSED Then OFF
Defer 120:00 Then ON
If Leak1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Leak2 CLOSED Then OFF
Min Time 000:30 Then OFF

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is “high” and “low” and “apxhi” and “apxlo”

Apx-LO = low optical sensor on the ATK
Apx-HI = High Optical sensor on the ATK
High = Electric float switch guarding the highest point in the sump
Low = Electric float switch guarding the lowest point in the sump

NEVER RELY ON ONLY ONE TYPE OF SWITCH OR OPTICAL SENSOR. ;)

Thank you for pointing that out on the solenoid programing. Days spent with Neptune and the person there oversaw this?

Last edited:
OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually for the solenoid, you want it set to off and then statements that turn it in, here is the script to my solenoid.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATO_L1 OPEN Then ON
If ATO_L2 CLOSED Then OFF
Defer 120:00 Then ON
If Leak1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Leak2 CLOSED Then OFF
Min Time 000:30 Then OFF

May I ask where do you hold the water line? between ato_l1 and ato_l2?

Would you kindly share your Pmup programing?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Last edited:

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May i ask where do you hold the water line? between ato_li and ato_l2?

It sits at Ato_l1 which is the bottom sensor. The solenoid is set off so it’s normally closed and it only opens after no water is at L1 for 120 minutes(I didn’t want my DI resin used up from the TDS creep of the ato turning on and off real quick since it’s connected directly to my RO filters). Once L1 is closed(senses water), the solenoid turns off.

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATK has saved me multiple times with the manual float. I sometimes turn on the RO solenoid to fill the sump higher then the sensors and on a few occasions I forgot to turn the solenoid back on auto and that manual float saved me.

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ShadowR55 I just changed the programing in both my solinoid outlet and my ATO pump outlet to show;

Set OFF
If APX-LO OPEN Then ON

Seems like its fixed. Cant believe they missed this. Done in 5 minutes thanks to you sir!

Last edited:

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you need SET OFF, but it seems like you already figured that out. Sometimes we overlook simple things while looking for a complicated solution. In veterinary medicine, we have a saying- when you see hoof prints, think horses, not zebras.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you need SET OFF, but it seems like you already figured that out. Sometimes we overlook simple things while looking for a complicated solution. In veterinary medicine, we have a saying- when you see hoof prints, think horses, not zebras.

Basically Occam's razor. The simplest and most straightforward explanation is usually the correct one :)

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ITS NOT FIXED YET APPARENTLY...strange... stopped sending me emails until 11:00 am this morning then it started up once again. Apx-HI CLOSED Then ON statement. i checked the water level and its physically at Apx-HI.

I also have Defer 000:15 Then ON in the email alarm outlet, however, its sending me emails every 2-4 minutes.

Last edited:

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ITS NOT FIXED YET APPARENTLY...strange... stopped sending me emails until 11:00 am this morning then it started up once again. Apx-HI CLOSED Then ON statement. i checked the water level and its physically at Apx-HI.

I also have Defer 000:15 Then ON in the email alarm outlet, however, its sending me emails every 2-4 minutes.
The only time my water level goes to the hi sensor is when my tank drains into my sump when feeding etc. do you possibly have a random flow setting on your return pump which varies the amount of flow therefore causing your sump levels to change periodically?

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only time my water level goes to the hi sensor is when my tank drains into my sump when feeding etc. do you possibly have a random flow setting on your return pump which varies the amount of flow therefore causing your sump levels to change periodically?

yup its the feeder. I just added statement into the email Alarm to turn off during feed cycle. Thank you so much man. Sometimes when you look at this stuff too much you miss the simple stuff and Neptune sent me on a wild goose chase which didn't help. Well it actually did but in a very different way than initially intended.

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back