Neptune COR. Any new word???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposedly going to insiders for retail candidate testing soon.

OP
OP
BroadBno615

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump... Any word?
received_10213678952395639.jpg

Other then the price, No [emoji58]

JLowder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m giving them until Friday to give a definitive date for release. If not by then, I’m going elsewhere.

On another note, I’m not sure building a pump was a good idea. It’s one thing to go to pump manufacturers and ask them to partner with you by making products Apex ready, and it’s a whole new deal to compete with them. If I was a pump company, I’d reevaluate my decision to work with Neptune.

OP
OP
BroadBno615

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m giving them until Friday to give a definitive date for release. If not by then, I’m going elsewhere.

On another note, I’m not sure building a pump was a good idea. It’s one thing to go to pump manufacturers and ask them to partner with you by making products Apex ready, and it’s a whole new deal to compete with them. If I was a pump company, I’d reevaluate my decision to work with Neptune.
True, but the DOS and WAV's are really good products so I feel like the COR will be aswell

JLowder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, but the DOS and WAV's are really good products so I feel like the COR will be aswell
No question that they build good stuff. I'm just not sure I'd work with them if I was a industry partner for fear they would try and come into my market space.

OP
OP
BroadBno615

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No question that they build good stuff. I'm just not sure I'd work with them if I was a industry partner for fear they would try and come into my market space.
One day Neptune will make everything

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has already happened. Ecotech Marine did not make the Hydra HD apex compatible with an AWM and they also did not make their Vectra main pump line apex ready.

....and it is gonna backfire on them.

1) I will not buy Hydra HDs
2) I will not buy a Vectra

So the pump companies can protest by not working with Neptune...and they will most likely protest themselves right out of buisness.

It's going to be like trying to make a PC that won't run windows or IOS.

It's not an anti-competitive market proposition either.

I quite happily picked up a pair of RO Varios apex ready pumps on black friday.....because i knew they were priced at a point i am not likely to see COR 15s at in ever. I put in 1 inch flow meters in each line for monitoring.

To be honest, the WAV's flow is just flat out not as good as a Vortechs in my tank.

The WAV on almost any setting in almost any location really upseta my Torch, Hammers, Duncans (ive tried every setting and every location).

My Vortechs have multiple settings which result in gentle waving flow and fully open and happy LPS.

The result of that is my WAVs are way up in the corner and only run intermittently at the lowest settings either in pulse or pipeline....or on an OSC routine on low and mostly off, or controlled by a virtual outlet that only comes on very intermittently.

Basically i can only use my WAVs as periodic surge pumps while my vortechs run full time.

I also noticed that my WAVs and Vortechs will not respond to virtual outlet commands using complex programming...only straight on or off.

I spend a lot of time programming around Apex limitations but its getting better and sonetimes its my limitations with the coding that's the problem.

Ecvernon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was something already . I've given up long ago(glad I did!) and purchased a RO Varios 6. It's been running for more than 1 year without cleaning. Just bought a spare on black Friday and will see how the impeller looks when i clean it this weekend.

JLowder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was something already . I've given up long ago(glad I did!) and purchased a RO Varios 6. It's been running for more than 1 year without cleaning. Just bought a spare on black Friday and will see how the impeller looks when i clean it this weekend.

I will say that it is very frustrating that Neptune is staying quiet on the release. Clearly there must be problems as they’ve missed the highest grossing shopping day of the year already and are looking to miss Christmas all together.

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say that it is very frustrating that Neptune is staying quiet on the release. Clearly there must be problems as they’ve missed the highest grossing shopping day of the year already and are looking to miss Christmas all together.
COR is still using China made motor blocks. Not saying China made motor is bad, but you get what you paid for. The price of COR is pretty competitive (I would say fantastic). In these price tag there are lots of choice. RO Various, Sicce, Vectra etc. The things that make COR stand out is it comes from Neptune and has more seamless integration (cool features) into APEX unit.

I waited COR for a year and half and I gave up. I recently changed my controller from APEX to GHL so there is less anticipation for COR on me. Jumped the bandwagon and went big on Abyzz A200. This pump is dead silent and it is surly from different league. German makes are tough to beat.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 137 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%

Back