Neptune Dos AWC and Neptune ATO

Wantsomemora Acrapora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my DOS Auto Water Change set to remove/add 3 gallons per day during the hours from 8am -2pm. When it removes 3 gallons the ato kicks on and tops off. What programming do i use to prevent the ATO from turning on during the AWC runtime or how do I make them compatible?

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't you set a variable true/false for "if the awc is on" and then incorporate that into the ato pump trigger? Or only allow the ato pump to turn on at a specific time?

OP
OP
Wantsomemora Acrapora

Wantsomemora Acrapora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used a dos for my AWC, but most people have it pulling water out and putting water in at the same time so that the ATO can stay on
That was my exact problem I found. My dozers were not running at the same time not pulling/pushing the same amount of water. I reduced the time of operation from 24hrs to 6. My tank evaporates at an astounding rate, like, 5 gallons every 2.5 days.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my exact problem I found. My dozers were not running at the same time not pulling/pushing the same amount of water. I reduced the time of operation from 24hrs to 6. My tank evaporates at an astounding rate, like, 5 gallons every 2.5 days.
Depending on several factors that evaporation doesn't seem too high. Last time I checked I evaporate close to 2 gallons a day also. I have to keep a dehumidifier running year round to avoid excess moisture in the house.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe contact Neptune. I will be installing another dos to do awc. I would assume they both are pulling and pushing water at the same rate. Otherwise you can code for Ato to shut off if the dos is running.

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you fill your lines to and from the tank and the saltwater bin BEFORE you calibrate your DOS. If you do this they will add and take out the same I made this mistake already. My ato only runs now to actually keep up with evaporation now. I top off 5-6 gallons a day in my tank. Prior to fixing the calibration issues I was topping off about 13 gallons a day which was not right. I re-calibrated with the lines filled and now it's perfect. Give that a shot

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back