Neptune dos dosing question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I've just set my left dos to dose 50ml kh and 40 ml calcium throughout the day.

1st question is why is it listed 322ml on the left and 210 ml on the right? I do not run the neptune reservoir. How did this number came out? N what does it indicate?
Screenshot_20191111-001547_Apex Fusion.jpg

Second question, I know that my kh drops more during light period? How can I set to dose more on the light period and split the rest when lights r off?

Thx for the help

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you just set them up? I would guess when you were filling the lines with the alk and calc, it takes into account that as an initial dose and can be ignored. It will reset at 24 hours from set up.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the second question you would need to adjust the intervals in the settings I believe!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ihavecrabs nailed it. To prime the lines, it required that many mils.

When you run the Task to configure the DOS, you simply put in the total daily amount (50ml) and choose a Start and End time. Here is a tip for you tho: don't have your dosing period crossover midnight. Unless they have fixed that, it won't work.

Next, and I am not sure this matters much but you will notice that your pH will rise as you dose ALK. Your pH will also rise as your light cycle progresses and then plummet when lights go down/off. I counter this somewhat by starting ALK at 00:01 hrs and quit at 08:01. Then Calc comes on at 09:01 to 17:01. You are correct that ALK consumption drops when lights are off. But I want my ALK loaded before the lights come on.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and one more suggestion. At least with ESV, it recommends equal parts ALK and Ca and that is what I do.

Yes, ALK gets consumed faster than Ca. So my Ca (when I test it like every 3 months) sticks high at 450-60 but I don't really care as long as it is not precipitating on heaters/pumps. I test ALK every two or three days. This range needs to be tight.

If you equally dose, I believe you have one less test you need to regularly perform. And you get three minutes of your life back. :)

OP
OP
D

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and one more suggestion. At least with ESV, it recommends equal parts ALK and Ca and that is what I do.

Yes, ALK gets consumed faster than Ca. So my Ca (when I test it like every 3 months) sticks high at 450-60 but I don't really care as long as it is not precipitating on heaters/pumps. I test ALK every two or three days. This range needs to be tight.

If you equally dose, I believe you have one less test you need to regularly perform. And you get three minutes of your life back. :)

Reason I'm dosing differently is because I'm using trident. From the graphs, I can tell my tank consumes alk way more than calcium. If do dose the same amount. Calcium climbs everyday

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back