NEPTUNE GRO Cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

IsaacHunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just treated myself to a Neptune GRO but he Cale is too short and my local shops do not have Ann extension in stock.

can anyone tell me what the plugs are called so I can try to obtain some on Amazon or electrical wholesaler

OP
OP
I

IsaacHunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just Incase english is not your first language I am after the small black plastic components attached to the ends of the cable commonly known as Plugs or Connectors.
A 24v PSU does not come equipped with the plugs used by the GRO unless it is the overpriced unit sold by Neptune.
In any event I wish to connect the GRO to one of the 24v outputs on the EB632

ナイトコア猫

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The connectors used with GRO, which is the 2-pin config of 1LINK, within the engineering industry, is called a 2-pin micro-fit molex connector 3.0:

1672565640789.png

Before you buy or click, take note of two things:
  1. It's micro-fit molex, not molex.
  2. Note the type of termina if you purchase a cable. The FEMALE + MALE (aka "extension") is not typically found in industry.
This will be a plug-and-play extension to your existing cable:

If you try to find more cost-efficient ones, be careful of the termina; a FEMALE + MALE cable (aka "extension cord") is not as common for this kind of form factor. Be cautious as to not accidentally purchaSe something like this:

However, there are two things you can do:

Clean way. Buy appropriate termina (one FEMALE and one MALE), with a crimp kit, wires (~18 AWG), and a crimp tool capable of working with micro-fit 3.0 (or stated as ~18 AWG):

(Obviously shop around for what is best for you).

Easy way. Cut your cable in half, and splice a longer cable of appropriate wiring gauge in between. Seal with appropriate material.

OP
OP
I

IsaacHunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The connectors used with GRO, which is the 2-pin config of 1LINK, within the engineering industry, is called a 2-pin micro-fit molex connector 3.0:

1672565640789.png

Before you buy or click, take note of two things:
  1. It's micro-fit molex, not molex.
  2. Note the type of termina if you purchase a cable. The FEMALE + MALE (aka "extension") is not typically found in industry.
This will be a plug-and-play extension to your existing cable:

If you try to find more cost-efficient ones, be careful of the termina; a FEMALE + MALE cable (aka "extension cord") is not as common for this kind of form factor. Be cautious as to not accidentally purchaSe something like this:

However, there are two things you can do:

Clean way. Buy appropriate termina (one FEMALE and one MALE), with a crimp kit, wires (~18 AWG), and a crimp tool capable of working with micro-fit 3.0 (or stated as ~18 AWG):

(Obviously shop around for what is best for you).

Easy way. Cut your cable in half, and splice a longer cable of appropriate wiring gauge in between. Seal with appropriate material.

Happy new year to you and your nearest and dearest

Thank you ever so much for your detailed response to my post.

I was thinking of doing it the EASY WAY but this would result in warranty being voided hence my preference to custom make a cable of the right length.

I found these https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/wire-housings-plugs/2332747 which appear to be the correct type

ナイトコア猫

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back