Neptune LLM inside a Skimmate Locker?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about detecting a sudden "overflow" from my skimmer. This has happened randomly on my past skimmers, and I was wondering if anyone has thought of or tried the new LLM from Neptune to detect how quickly the level of a skimmate locker increases?

I got the Davey Jones Skimmate Locker large, and while it should last a long time, it could also create a situation where a ton of water overflows into the locker suddenly and only stops when it's full. I don't suspect I'll lose a ton of salinity, but it's large enough to possibly have an effect.

Has anyone done this before?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about something, a container, that holds your skimmate, the LLS sensor will be fine. I know a couple of the testers tried this with the 4" version.

Avoid harsh chemicals. That is the first and foremost thing. Skimmer collection cup overflow should be fine and it has been tested. As for how thick the skimmate is or how dark I would recommend periodic rinsing and observation of discolor (I've not read any reports of this happening but just something I'd pay attention to).

TL;DR will work, rise, avoid harsh chemicals.

Back