Neptune LLS not reported. Alexa and Apex are fighting.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LLS not reported on Alexa status report.​

I posted this at Neptune and have not received any feedback so I though this might get more attenton here.

I added my new LLS to my status report for my tank and Alexa just skips over it without providing its value. Alexa also does not respond when asked to report the value specifically like she does for all the other inputs.

I know that I have it set up properly.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue hopefully this is just an oversight and will be resolved soon.

I attached my screenshots just for reference. I couldn't attach Alex's status report because the audio file was not accepted so here is a quick video of the status report instead: you just can't hear me say "Alexa, ask Apex Fusion for a status report".
Alexa and Apex not getting along.

Screenshot_20220928-113525_APEX Fusion.jpg Screenshot_20220928-113627_APEX Fusion.jpg Screenshot_20220928-113726_APEX Fusion.jpg

OP
OP
Sean Clark

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm betting the apex software on Alexa isn't updated yet to report the LLS.
I thought that at first too but it shows up as a variable input just like everything else. As far as Apex is concerned, it is just another thermometer. In my tiny frail mind there shouldn't need to be any change needed for Alexa to report the value of a new input.

Alexa sees it. I am able to select it and also assign it a friendly alias for Alexa to call it.

If I ask Alexa for it individually she just draws a blank for a few seconds and then goes back to standby.

Normally if she can't find something asked of her to report on she will respond "Humm... I can't seam to find anything called _______" (fill in the blank).

Here I ask her to tell me the display tank tempratue, the Top off water level (the new LLS), and then the flux capacitor (which doesn’t exist so she cant find it) to show the different responses given.
Alexa lost her voice.

Upvote 0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back