Neptune PMUP v2 wont work...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my water in the sump ran really low. I have an ATO system set up with the PUMPv2. I noticed the PMUP was not running. I can unplug it and plug it back in and it immediately pumps water but then it steps and wont run again. This has nothing to do with my APEX programming because I'm testing by running it in a regular outlet.

Basically, plug it in and it turns on for 3 seconds, then its off.

Any ideas?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it now fully submerged when you’re testing? The v2 has a run-dry detection feature to protect itself and will turn off if it thinks there’s no water.

If it is fully submerged and still stopping, it’s possible there’s air trapped inside that’s fooling it. Shake it under water to release any trapped air and then test it again.

OP
OP
125mph

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it now fully submerged when you’re testing? The v2 has a run-dry detection feature to protect itself and will turn off if it thinks there’s no water.

If it is fully submerged and still stopping, it’s possible there’s air trapped inside that’s fooling it. Shake it under water to release any trapped air and then test it again.

Hmm I think you're on to something. It was running dry earlier today because my hose was bent... but no matter how much I shake this thing, it still wont work anymore. It turns on and then off.. I'll keep trying.

Might have to get a new one.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottom section of the pmup is easily disassembled. Take a look at the impeller and make sure it isn't jammed by something, or broken. A broken vane could possibly cause what you're describing.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back