Neptune Sky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nano Chris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you think it’s worth it? I have an apex already & I’m debating on getting the light for my tank. I really like how everything is integrated. Would you buy one & do you think it’s worth it?

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends, do you currently own lighting for your tank now?

If so, then I would say no, not worth the cost “just because”.

If not, then I would say maybe; because there is not much info or many reviews yet.

Downfall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As other have said, it's all situation dependent.

I have one on order for my red sea reefer xl 300. I plan on keeping LPS and love that I can use only one light for the 36" tank. I also didn't have any lighting on hand, so the options were completely open for me. I don't have an apex system, and likely never will have one. Glad it can be used stand alone with bluetooth.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have one preordered. Not because I "need" it, but because it seems to be a close "brother/sister" to the Phillips coralcare, but I can mount it to my tank (not interested in hanging it). I have had many other lights in the past, and currently I'm pretty happy with my Reefbreeders Photon V2+, BUT, if this looks better over my tank, my inhabitants dig it, and I can easily take pictures now without messing with filters and such, then it might be worth it (to me anyway).

Oh, and I'm not getting rid of the Reefbreeders light right away either....need to see which one I like better first.

OP
OP
Nano Chris

Nano Chris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to update. I did get the light & so far I really like it. I have a Red Sea max 130 (34gallon) it had the lights built in the hood I believe they were T5’s? But anyway I wanted to upgrade because I wanted to get the hood of the tank & have a better light. I bought the hanging kit & it was pretty easy to setup. Definitely better than the old lights I have. So far everything is doing great! (Have had it a couple months now)

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m glad I didn’t listen to all the negative posts from people who didn’t own one. You really have to see it in person to judge for yourself. I love mine. Spectrum is awesome, construction is on par with Radions and integration is a huge plus. I really hope Neptune keeps their promise about firmware updates for it and added features.

ShroomVision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one preordered. Not because I "need" it, but because it seems to be a close "brother/sister" to the Phillips coralcare, but I can mount it to my tank (not interested in hanging it). I have had many other lights in the past, and currently I'm pretty happy with my Reefbreeders Photon V2+, BUT, if this looks better over my tank, my inhabitants dig it, and I can easily take pictures now without messing with filters and such, then it might be worth it (to me anyway).

Oh, and I'm not getting rid of the Reefbreeders light right away either....need to see which one I like better first.
How would you compare them now?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back