Neptune SV-1 Solenoid Valve Question

ubiq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gravity fed kalk stirrer that I want to automate, so that when pH drops below a certain level, my RO/DI top-off feeds to the stirrer rather than straight to the sump. This would require that one solenoid valve be in the open position most of the time. Is the Neptune SV-1 suitable for this purpose? I've read that they get hot when energized.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune is NC as you note. I’d not personally be comfortable running one in an energized state constantly, but I do not know what the mean time to failure would be under that condition. Why don’t you get a NO solenoid? I think autotopoff.com sells them.

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gravity fed kalk stirrer that I want to automate, so that when pH drops below a certain level, my RO/DI top-off feeds to the stirrer rather than straight to the sump. This would require that one solenoid valve be in the open position most of the time. Is the Neptune SV-1 suitable for this purpose? I've read that they get hot when energized.
why not run another pump from your ato container instead of same pump that does top off ?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back