Neptune Systems acquires rights to automated alkalinity monitoring invention

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope neptune doesn't leave their APEX classic customers out in the cold on this if/when it is released.

This is my only concern. However given the system just uses a the same port as a pH probe to output data into the apex, and the data is only as complex as a 7-10v signal, I do not think Apex Classic will be in the "cold".

His videos put heavy emphasis on how the system works with the CoAX cable, same as any probe.

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This wasn't the only Alk monitor at MACNA... so I'm not sure why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch if Neptune makes it tie into Apex.

CraigL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how stable the "Reagent" is?
How much does the Reagent cost?
Are there any other consumables associated with the device?

Thanks. At face value, "Well Done" !!!

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It certainly will be nice to have if it comes to fruition in a more compact, less complex, reliable and consumer friendly package. I imagine that will take some time to bring to market.

As far as exclusivity to Neptune that's par for business especially since I'm sure they will spend considerable time and money to get in a salable form. The plus side to that exclusive arrangement is that it will provide a kick in the rear to other vendors to create a better and more economical device of their own and compete. Until that happens don't expect the new alk device to be "reasonably" priced.

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I laugh when I hear comments about the appearance. Its a prototype... Its only to demonstrate the concept/function of what it does. For all we know it a large ugly box just to conceal a small chip possibly something like a refractometer and pump. The point is he wanted to show it works. He did what he wanted to do, now Neptune will take care of the rest. (post is already old perhaps new concept photos are out ;)

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably should not have put in the wink... No I don't know what is going on. Just noticed that the topic had stalled. Surely someone on the forum must work there and could provide an update?

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh... They paid for a system that's going to be duplicated. Even after there's diy's I don't think it will be cost-effective.

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duplicated in terms "functionality", I doubt very much that the end product would look like that.

True dat! It won't be such ugly colors! :D
In all honesty I'm sure the apex tweaks will be hard to beat, but no matter the source I'll never pay that much for an alk monitoring system. Fear is the biggest marketing product.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back