Neptune Systems GRO: a Rerelease of the Zetlight E200s Macroalgae Light

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Neptune Systems GRO LED is a ‘new’ light recently announced by the Morgan Hill, California based aquarium company. The GRO is a flat panel of medium output LEDs that was designed specifically to grow macroalgae in a sump environment but this light wasn’t designed by Neptune Systems, it was on the market for many years…
Source

Continue reading...

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While this is interesting, I would prefer that they work on the quality of the EBs. a nice fuge light is great but if the power delivery is crap it is worthless. I don't know a person that runs a Neptune that hasn't lost power port on the EBs within the first 12 months and many more after that. Several people I know, including myself, have moved as much of the EBs as possible since they are so unreliable.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with this ^^^^! Funny thing is I am already using a Zetlight E200 and I'm glad it is on it's own controller.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While this is interesting, I would prefer that they work on the quality of the EBs. a nice fuge light is great but if the power delivery is crap it is worthless. I don't know a person that runs a Neptune that hasn't lost power port on the EBs within the first 12 months and many more after that. Several people I know, including myself, have moved as much of the EBs as possible since they are so unreliable.
I’m still using all my original EB8s from over 10 years ago without a single issue.
It’s only the new EB832 that have that problem unfortunately.
seems weird that their older equipment is far more reliable

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still using all my original EB8s from over 10 years ago without a single issue.
It’s only the new EB832 that have that problem unfortunately.
seems weird that their older equipment is far more reliable
My 2 original EB8s from 8 years ago have 3-4 dead ports each, and I know I am not the only one. The quality of these products that are supposed to be the lifeline for our systems tis just ridiculous. Cheap parts and crappy construction are the issue. If it wasn't for the software part Neptune would be out of my system. As of today my pumps and lights are no longer controlled by Neptune, thank god.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Funny, I looked that and thought man that looks like those zetlights. Pretty weak they can’t design their own light with as much designing they do.

Irongolem411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The writing style on this article is pretty condescending to Neptune. Don't know if that is just how he writes, or if he is having a bad day.Brand labeling happens all the time.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 original EB8s from 8 years ago have 3-4 dead ports each, and I know I am not the only one. The quality of these products that are supposed to be the lifeline for our systems tis just ridiculous. Cheap parts and crappy construction are the issue. If it wasn't for the software part Neptune would be out of my system. As of today my pumps and lights are no longer controlled by Neptune, thank god.

Funny, I looked that and thought man that looks like those zetlights. Pretty weak they can’t design their own light with as much designing they do.
Cant win if you do, can’t win if you don’t lol

half the people are mad that it’s not “made by Neptune” and the other half say anything they make is garbage

lol
Gotta find that comical
I do at least.

PBishop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The writing style on this article is pretty condescending to Neptune. Don't know if that is just how he writes, or if he is having a bad day.Brand labeling happens all the time.
Jake and Terrance do not like each other.

Jake hates everything Neptune.

it’s kind of comical watching the articles he writes about Neptune.

Last edited:

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought my Apex I planned to not use the relays to control anything. I also bought 24V power supplies for each Apex module I have that supports them.

It didn’t take too much research to learn the relays and power supply in the EB832 are of “questionable” quality. So I planned around them and planned some backup for when it fails. I’m on the fence about buying a couple of EB8’s to have in reserve for when the EB832 fails. I’m waiting to see what happens with the Hydros power bar situation. If they come out with a wired power bar with a fallback state and the failure rate is low, I’ll likely make the jump to Hydros.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back