Neptune Systems launch new A3 Apex, A3 Apex Pro, and A3 Jr controller systems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune Systems has released its latest generation aquarium monitoring and controller systems. The two existing Apex and ApexEL controller systems are being replaced by three new A3 models – the A3 Apex, A3 Apex Pro, and A3 Jr. The A3 Apex and Apex Pro look superficially similar to their predecessors with the same external form…
Source

Continue reading...

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically, they integrated the FMM and VDM and the kit drops salinity in favor of a few different sensors. I don't see any new features that might force or convince an Apex user to upgrade.

I think the biggest thing from this release is the A3 Jr, which will should put automation in the hands of many who couldn't previously afford it.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically, they integrated the FMM and VDM and the kit drops salinity in favor of a few different sensors. I don't see any new features that might force or convince an Apex user to upgrade.

I think the biggest thing from this release is the A3 Jr, which will should put automation in the hands of many who couldn't previously afford it.
It might grab a few Classic users who don't need 0-10V or streamlining a setup of numerous modules into the base unit, but that later is a pretty tough sell if all your stuff is working perfectly fine; but I'm not in that camp so to each their own.

I'm very happy with my upgrade two weeks ago from an older Classic , for what it's worth.

Slicknick420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 3 apex 2 are in use other is laying around. dont need another one collecting dust, do like the integrated modules but also has me thinking. if one of the internal modules fail the whole unit has to be sent in for service and not just the module. so what my tank just goes dark and have no control while they fix it?

Bato367

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered my first controller, Apex A3. My first controller.

Will be on a RS XL425, 2 Ecotech MP40's, Nyos Quantum skimmer, Ecotech M2 pump, Red Sea LED90's, connected via WiFi.

Any tips you have or good threads for an Apex noob?

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just ordered my first controller, Apex A3. My first controller.

Will be on a RS XL425, 2 Ecotech MP40's, Nyos Quantum skimmer, Ecotech M2 pump, Red Sea LED90's, connected via WiFi.

Any tips you have or good threads for an Apex noob?

Look up the tutorials by SuncrestReef

Not a quick read but well worth it! Congrats!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.2%
Back