Neptune Trident acting strange, not testing after changing reagents.

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my usual reagent replacement procedure and when I went to calibrate the trident I calibrated it and it seemed fine. But I forgot to take the black tube out of the calibration solution and it started to do a normal test because of my schedule. But the black tube was still in the calibration solution and not in my tank. For 30 minutes it just made the testing noises and wouldn’t stop no matter what I did in the app, it wouldn’t start a real test and I don’t know if it was doing a real test or not, which is wierd because it would of said testing.

So I wasn’t sure what to do so I just unplugged the trident from the cord in the back and plugged it back in a few minutes later.
when it started up again it just said initializing on the apex app and then stopped.
so I went into the configuration and did “prime all lines including the sample.” I wasn’t sure why I did that but thought that would help.
It also keeps saying “no test in 24” at the top.

but does anyone have any idea of why it did this? Why did it keep making the testing noise but didn’t test or wouldn’t allow me to start a new test? How do I fix this issue if it doesn’t work properly after the prime finishes? And was all this because it started a test while the sample line was still in the calibration solution?
Thanks.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my usual reagent replacement procedure and when I went to calibrate the trident I calibrated it and it seemed fine. But I forgot to take the black tube out of the calibration solution and it started to do a normal test because of my schedule. But the black tube was still in the calibration solution and not in my tank. For 30 minutes it just made the testing noises and wouldn’t stop no matter what I did in the app, it wouldn’t start a real test and I don’t know if it was doing a real test or not, which is wierd because it would of said testing.

So I wasn’t sure what to do so I just unplugged the trident from the cord in the back and plugged it back in a few minutes later.
when it started up again it just said initializing on the apex app and then stopped.
so I went into the configuration and did “prime all lines including the sample.” I wasn’t sure why I did that but thought that would help.
It also keeps saying “no test in 24” at the top.

but does anyone have any idea of why it did this? Why did it keep making the testing noise but didn’t test or wouldn’t allow me to start a new test? How do I fix this issue if it doesn’t work properly after the prime finishes? And was all this because it started a test while the sample line was still in the calibration solution?
Thanks.
I test the solution in the bottle all the time after calibration that would not cause an issue. But an issue could occur if the bottle ran dry therefore your line would be empty but after doing a few prime sample line procedures and then performing a test it should correct all of this

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would prime sample 2-3x with black line in tank which 1 is probably only needed and then perform combined test and see what happens. Post back let me know. Also maybe because you unplugged trident in mid test you should do the trident restart procedure that is at bottom of that same settings screen. Click the box then click update upper right corner.

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would prime sample 2-3x with black line in tank which 1 is probably only needed and then perform combined test and see what happens. Post back let me know. Also maybe because you unplugged trident in mid test you should do the trident restart procedure that is at bottom of that same settings screen. Click the box then click update upper right corner.
Hey, thank you for that info. So when I clicked my Trident name and it goes into the summary page, I did the Restart Trident at the very bottom and I also did a Prime for all the lines, Reagant AB&C and Sample. I did that 2 times just to be safe and I might do it again. So that is all I need to do to be safe and the trident should be working as normal after doing the restart procedure and prime?

my alkalinity test came back as 11.7 which I wasn’t expecting, I am dosing all for reef but it’s never gotten that high. But I will test Alk with my Hannah later today to double check.
I posted a pic of the screen I was talking about, I’m sure it’s the same one you were mentioning too.

Attachments

• 969FD4D7-CC14-4C94-A645-E90B27AE0468.png
    969FD4D7-CC14-4C94-A645-E90B27AE0468.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 58

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, thank you for that info. So when I clicked my Trident name and it goes into the summary page, I did the Restart Trident at the very bottom and I also did a Prime for all the lines, Reagant AB&C and Sample. I did that 2 times just to be safe and I might do it again. So that is all I need to do to be safe and the trident should be working as normal after doing the restart procedure and prime?

my alkalinity test came back as 11.7 which I wasn’t expecting, I am dosing all for reef but it’s never gotten that high. But I will test Alk with my Hannah later today to double check.
I posted a pic of the screen I was talking about, I’m sure it’s the same one you were mentioning t

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I posted a pic of the screen I was talking about, I’m sure it’s the same one you were mentioning too.
So another words it’s working…………

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes that is the Screen I am talking about

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The 11.7 alkalinity reading could be correct it could be wrong it could be meeting calibration many things but if it’s reading that means it’s working and then we move onto the next step

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 8.3%
Back