Neptune wants my fmm sent in for "repair."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has to be a joke?

I've been dealing with an FMM module going nuts for over a month. I finally figured out the problem. Port 4 is causing the module to reset.

They want me to send it in for "repair?" I'm not shutting down my system securities etc to send in a fmm module.

I have about $500 more apex gear ordered through brs currently. I'm sending it all back and selling all of my apex.

Your company is ridiculous.

ReeferRyanTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surely they have some refurbished gear they could send you. Like, do a hold on your credit card until you send back the faulty one. Even Apple does that on a 4 figure iPhone...

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly my thoughts and what I expect.

That's the way everyone else does it. Hell coralvue replaced a $200 unit a while back and didn't even ask for the defective one back.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I got attacked by fanboys on the FB group.

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad they took care of you. But why does everyone compare Neptune to Apple? Apple is a multi-billion dollar company. They could afford to replace everyone's iPhone if they all broke at once. Neptune, my guess, couldn't do that. So SOP would be ask for the return to fix it. Sure, 1 FMM on 'lease' while being fixed probably won't hurt them, but could you imagine if they had 500 break? They might not have that on hand at any given time. So why blast them for a pretty reasonable SOP?

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad they took care of you. But why does everyone compare Neptune to Apple? Apple is a multi-billion dollar company. They could afford to replace everyone's iPhone if they all broke at once. Neptune, my guess, couldn't do that. So SOP would be ask for the return to fix it. Sure, 1 FMM on 'lease' while being fixed probably won't hurt them, but could you imagine if they had 500 break? They might not have that on hand at any given time. So why blast them for a pretty reasonable SOP?
If they have enough broken at a time that its affecting their bottom line, they've got a serious quality control issue.

These are life support systems. Expecting someone to send it back for a couple weeks while you fix it isn't reasonable.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not comparing them to apple.

Autoaqua, Maxspect, Kessil etc aren't as large as "apple." Etc but they seem to have a handle on how to handle problems. Autoaqua/coralvue took care of a $200+ unit in 3 days. Didn't even require a CC.

Simple. Let me give Neptune a CC number and you send me a new or refurbished unit and I send my back. I don't need to wait 3 or 4 weeks for a dang fmm module.

That said. I'm a customer for life. Simply because someone reached out to me via a phone instead of email. But quality control does need to improve.

I had a FMM module and optical sensor fail in a months time of install.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not comparing them to apple.

Autoaqua, Maxspect, Kessil etc aren't as large as "apple." Etc but they seem to have a handle on how to handle problems. Autoaqua/coralvue took care of a $200+ unit in 3 days. Didn't even require a CC.

Simple. Let me give Neptune a CC number and you send me a new or refurbished unit and I send my back. I don't need to wait 3 or 4 weeks for a dang fmm module.

That said. I'm a customer for life. Simply because someone reached out to me via a phone instead of email. But quality control does need to improve.

I had a FMM module and optical sensor fail in a months time of install.

Customer for life.... until you don't get your way and put them on blast again

Last edited by a moderator:

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id have to agree expecting you to shut down your system to send it in gor repair is not reasonable at all whatvare you soposed to do in the mean time glad they took care of you

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully going forward they are willing to handle future issues in the same way. This is the right way to handle this.

OP
OP
Dondante

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you 12? Lol

Please tell me how a pump is hooked up to this fmm and what it's operating? You seem to assume you know what I was using it for.

"Get my way?" I've dealt with this for over a month. They've been in my system. I've sent pictures etc. Before they wanted it sent in. I expect my products to work. To have remedies to correct the problem. That protects us both. Consumer and manufacturer.

They've done the right thing.

Now go be a childish fanboy somewhere else.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you 12? Lol

Please tell me how a pump is hooked up to this fmm and what it's operating? You seem to assume you know what I was using it for.

"Get my way?" I've dealt with this for over a month. They've been in my system. I've sent pictures etc. Before they wanted it sent in. I expect my products to work. To have remedies to correct the problem. That protects us both. Consumer and manufacturer.

They've done the right thing.

Now go be a childish fanboy somewhere else.

Since you mentioned life support I assumed it must be monitoring the flow of the return pump or some other pump that is critical to life support.

If you have been dealing with this for over a month and finally got what you wanted as a solution after putting them on blast on here and wherever else, then yes that is Karen move.

You didn't get the resolution you wanted talking to Neptune service, they remoted into your system to try and run diagnostics, then followed their SOP for how things are supposed to be done, you weren't happy with that. Then came on here, blasted them. Then "Paul literally called my cell phone" (aka "talking to the manager") and you changed your tune.

To recap
1) You got mad because you didn't like what customer service had to say
2) Put neptune on blast online
3) Talked to the manager
4) Got what you wanted

Last edited by a moderator:

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I feel the nature of our hobby and the fact that it may be critical for the life of some creatures that this should be the norm of how high end equipment companies operate. Shouldn't be for a 5.99 Walmart air pump but for a skimmer, controller, return pump, etc then the cc# hold, replacement sent should be an acceptable customer service norm.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back