Nero 3 and Prime 16 HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was pretty stoked to be able to use the myai app with the Nero 3 and 16 HD, but now that I have them both I can't seem to get them connected or working as expected in the app. When connecting them to the app I can't seem to put them on the same "tank". Instead I have to create a new tank for each device, and this seems counterintuitive. Is there a workaround for this?

Second I have managed to upload a signature light schedule (Saxby) but I want to just copy it to different times as a whole. Is this possible? Can I also change the whites over the entire schedule all at once? It's a bit too blue for my tastes.

I have spent all morning just trying to get these things to work "properly".

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! You should be able to pull up this screen pretty quickly (with your tank’s name instead of 45 lagoon)
76A11392-482B-403B-8713-8D3C8D3D98D4.jpeg

Click the Devices tab at the bottom (circled in yellow) and you should be able to add your light/nero with no problems!

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same problem. I have my Hydra 64 and Nero5s on the same tank. It won't let me add both of them to the same tank profile. I have to run them as if they're on two separate tanks.

When I look at the tank profile that the Hydra 64 is in, I can go to a screen that should allow me to add the Neros. It can see that they're there, but won't allow me to actually add them on. I just thought it was me and I figured I'd have to call AI at some point.

OP
OP
LagunaGlide

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same problem. I have my Hydra 64 and Nero5s on the same tank. It won't let me add both of them to the same tank profile. I have to run them as if they're on two separate tanks.

When I look at the tank profile that the Hydra 64 is in, I can go to a screen that should allow me to add the Neros. It can see that they're there, but won't allow me to actually add them on. I just thought it was me and I figured I'd have to call AI at some point.
Exactly how mine is. I have deleted and tried again several times using one or the other as the first device, but no change. When I first connected the light I could find "acclimation" mode on the app as well, but it's not there now after an update of firmware. I was starting to wonder if I just expected too much out of the app. I am pretty disappointed with my choices in equipment at the moment.

OP
OP
LagunaGlide

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! You should be able to pull up this screen pretty quickly (with your tank’s name instead of 45 lagoon)
76A11392-482B-403B-8713-8D3C8D3D98D4.jpeg

Click the Devices tab at the bottom (circled in yellow) and you should be able to add your light/nero with no problems!

What device are you running the app on? What AI devices do you have? My app doesn't look like that

OP
OP
LagunaGlide

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found acclimation mode again. Tried going into the settings area where devices is located, but it only brings up the Light as I have not connected the Nero again yet. I also tried going into settings, trouble shooting, and search network, but it finds nothing. I don't have them connected to the Wifi, and I am not really sure that's an option.

I guess it may be worth mentioning I was using an iphone, but am now using an ipad

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can not have the lights and flow on the same tank, it’s stupid but they do it that way. I named my tanks light and flow so I knew. Same tank just playing by AI rules
2F30A093-112C-4E8E-A802-E512BED005BD.png

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshly downloaded today. It's all brand new.
Huh. That’s so strange! They advertised a lot about the comparability of their app with both lights and powerheads. I have the powerhead on a different tank than my light so I guess I just never encountered the issue. That sucks :(

OP
OP
LagunaGlide

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up the light schedule but added whites to the saxby mostly. Thanks for all the replies folks. Certainly not an intuitive application, but it works. Now I just have to figure out how much if any to turn it down in a smaller tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back