Nero 3 dead after 16 months of use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Four years on all four of my Nero 5s. Three years on all 3 of my Hydra 32HDs.

All I have to say.
Well good for you but for a lot of people having issues and we need to voice our experience, maybe, maybe their quality or customer service will get better especially for a $250 pump after tax

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good for you but for a lot of people having issues and we need to voice our experience, maybe, maybe their quality or customer service will get better especially for a $250 pump after tax

I called them once for a screw that I needed and had no problem with their customer support *Shrug*

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Four years on all four of my Nero 5s. Three years on all 3 of my Hydra 32HDs.

All I have to say.
I’m sure you’re not the only one. But it’s important that those who have bad experiences talk about it.

It’s the only way any company is going to improve : through feedback.

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They intentionally decided the controller attached to the propeller permanently so that we as they consumers can’t easily just replace the controller or the propeller itself, rather the entire pump which they will make a lot of money. If you own a jebao or any other pumps, the controller is detachable, which makes way more sense to us.
This is a good callout. I didn't realize when I ordered mine none of these pieces were detachable, I just assumed they were like most others.

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great company. Took care of me even when out of warranty for the same issue. Crying on here isn't going to fix your pump.

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, my $60 jebaos being running more than 5 years as well and had zero issues.
Agreed, all my jebao pumps have been rock solid.

I get that people want to buy better quality product. But look, if a company wants to charge $$$ for their "better" quality pump then it needs to come with a 3 year warranty minimum, period! Until then my opinion is they don't trust their product enough to stand behind it.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple Nero 3, awesome design and app.

bummer is mine failed 3x and 4x respectively but all inside a year of each other so I got a new pump each time. 7 replacements….

I ended up selling them to a friend that knows the story and still wanted them.

I moved back to tunze. While exceptions occur most of those last decades, especially if getting ac units. Those and sicce. Those pumps will probably outlive me… but I’m sorry about your Nero and can sympathize. One really expects to get many years out of a “quality” pump.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great company. Took care of me even when out of warranty for the same issue. Crying on here isn't going to fix your pump.
I’m really happy for you. That’s how it should be.

I am not « crying »; I am sharing my experience because people should know. The same reason why I write reviews on Amazon. I don’t have any expectations about the pump being fixed, they have turned me down.

I’ll just buy another product form a reliable company. I know Tunze, Sicce and Jebao, as mentioned, are good options.

wolfen281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI warranty is one year. Your pump died after a year. Not sure what your complaint is. Are you expecting them to replace your pump out of warranty out of the kindness in their heart?

Every manufacturer in all industry will have products that may fail. Fact of life. Seems unreasonable to say all AI products are trash just because your pump failed after 16 months....

Yea it sucks but pretty much expected that certain percent of products will fail. I hope AI don't fix this for you just because you blast them publicly. I would hate to see entitlement being rewarded and encouraged. Warranty period should mean something.
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, all my jebao pumps have been rock solid.

I get that people want to buy better quality product. But look, if a company wants to charge $$$ for their "better" quality pump then it needs to come with a 3 year warranty minimum, period! Until then my opinion is they don't trust their product enough to stand behind it.
Well said!

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense, but that’s not blasting. I myself and pretty sure a lot of reefers especially new reefers out there would appreciate the information about a certain product they might be buying. This is a free country and everyone has their rights to voice their opinion especially their experience in this case.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if your car died and completely disabled after 5 years because the warranty was 5 year and you’re ok with that? Please I would like someone to be fair and answer this.
Are you going to ask the car manufacturer to fix your car for you out of warranty for free?

I said many times that it sucks to have equipment broken. My problem with the OP is that he's upset his pump broke AND he's upset AI didn't offer to fix it for free out of warranty. It's the later that's not ok. He bought the pump knowing there is a 1 year warranty. I understand he's upset. I understand he's emotional about the situation. I am a logical person and it's pretty black and white here. 1 year warranty. He agreed to it. Not sure why I am being called a jerk because I am stating facts.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to ask the car manufacturer to fix your car for you out of warranty for free?

I said many times that it sucks to have equipment broken. My problem with the OP is that he's upset his pump broke AND he's upset AI didn't offer to fix it for free out of warranty. It's the later that's not ok. He bought the pump knowing there is a 1 year warranty. I understand he's upset. I understand he's emotional about the situation. I am a logical person and it's pretty black and white here. 1 year warranty. He agreed to it. Not sure why I am being called a jerk because I am stating facts.
You’re not wrong but you’re commenting like a corporate CEO and we are just commenting as a consumers.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started in this hobby, I did my research and decided to pay more on my equipment for quality and piece of mind. Let’s just say I am very disappointed with Aqua Illumination.

My Nero 3 pump, in use for a little over a year, died. I have been very diligent with maintenance. The pump has been cleaned as it should have. There is no reason for this other than poor manufacturing and quality. I’ve reached to Aqua Illumination support, who said it was a hardware problem and sent me to their Canadian distributor. Who then told me the warranty was expired and I would have to pay for repairs.

I’m not going to pay to repair a 230$ CAD pump that barely lasted a year…

Now I’m wondering how long it will be before all my other expensive Aqua Illumination equipment dies on me.

oof...sucks!

I ended up going Tunze as some of their pumps come with a 5 year warranty.

I also have a jeabo in my sump and on my nano that are many years old :p

Too many things in this hobby have very high costs and a 1 year warranty... there are a few that do stand out with 3-5 year warranty's though. It is something I try to take into consideration when purchasing.

I think with some credit cards you can get 1 year extra on top of the manufactures but you have to dispute with your CC I think.. not sure how you paid but ya.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oof...sucks!

I ended up going Tunze as some of their pumps come with a 5 year warranty.

I also have a jeabo in my sump and on my nano that are many years old :p

Too many things in this hobby have very high costs and a 1 year warranty... there are a few that do stand out with 3-5 year warranty's though. It is something I try to take into consideration when purchasing.

I think with some credit cards you can get 1 year extra on top of the manufactures but you have to dispute with your CC I think.. not sure how you paid but ya.
Yup to me 1 year is just not right. If you’re confident about your product, it should be 2-3 years at least. Personally, I didn’t expect they would replace mine for free but rather charge a reasonable repair fee instead of $145. Mine was with a red solid light on and the propeller looks perfectly fine. However, I can’t replace just the controller since it’s attached to the propeller.

if they designed and manufactured it consumer friendly with a controller that’s detachable, consumer can easily buy another controller let say $100 and easily swap it out. It seems like that’s the main problem of the controller being malfunction.

that way they have more happy customers. However, I think it doesn’t meet their profit strategy so here’s the problem and the complaints. Do I support them? NOPE

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI warranty is one year. Your pump died after a year. Not sure what your complaint is. Are you expecting them to replace your pump out of warranty out of the kindness in their heart?

Every manufacturer in all industry will have products that may fail. Fact of life. Seems unreasonable to say all AI products are trash just because your pump failed after 16 months....

Yea it sucks but pretty much expected that certain percent of products will fail. I hope AI don't fix this for you just because you blast them publicly. I would hate to see entitlement being rewarded and encouraged. Warranty period should mean something.

You’re being called a jerk because of your condescending tone to everyone else and acting like a jerk here on the forum. Not because of your opinion but because of your actions.
Easy enough to understand

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back