Nero 3 placement in Waterbox 25 Peninsula or similar

350DRVR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for feedback on the Nero 3. do you have a Nero 3 in preferably a WaterBox 25 Peninsula or one of similar size.
Where are you placing it for a good flow pattern?

I have a random flow generator on the return side. I’m thinking of off setting the Nero to the opposite side and just a bit lower to generate a agitated flow. Anyone doing something similar?

Any pics or videos of your flow would be appreciated.

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for feedback on the Nero 3. do you have a Nero 3 in preferably a WaterBox 25 Peninsula or one of similar size.

I have a random flow generator on the return side. I’m thinking of off setting the Nero to the opposite side and just a bit lower to generate a agitated flow. Anyone doing something similar?

I have the same Waterbox and a Nero 3. Mine is placed on the back glass a bit lower than halfway under the weir.

No sure if that’s the best place. Seems to work, but my setup is only a few months old. I will follow to see if there are any better ideas.

OP
OP
350DRVR

350DRVR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same Waterbox and a Nero 3. Mine is placed on the back glass a bit lower than halfway under the weir.

No sure if that’s the best place. Seems to work, but my setup is only a few months old. I will follow to see if there are any better ideas.
Thanks for the feedback. That was pretty close to the placement I’m thinking. How is the flow/movement? I know it may also depend on aqua scaping as well. I like the fact that it can be a low profile and you have some play with angling it as well. ill keep follow yours as well to see how it progresse.

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was able to make this quick video at 10 sec in my tank for you to see 100% power in very small 12 gallon tank. Hope that helps out a little. I like the feature the app has, for 1 minutes it will use 100% power for the detritus to be lifted off the sand bed, this gives the filter better opportunity to work. To compare it to, the bottom video is at 40% where I run it at, you can see the difference really well.

OP
OP
350DRVR

350DRVR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to make this quick video at 10 sec in my tank for you to see 100% power in very small 12 gallon tank. Hope that helps out a little. I like the feature the app has, for 1 minutes it will use 100% power for the detritus to be lifted off the sand bed, this gives the filter better opportunity to work. To compare it to, the bottom video is at 40% where I run it at, you can see the difference really well.

I appreciate the videos, I think the fact that it’s very adjustable really makes it a great option. It can be adjusted for specific tanks and aqua scales.

Back