Nero 3 Submersible Wave Pump quietly released by Aqua Illumination

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Nero 3 Submersible Wave Pump was quietly released by Aqua Illumination just in time for the end of the year. The new Nero 3 is about half the size of Nero 5, which is perfect for nano tanks with five different flow modes, including Random, Pulse, Constant, Schedule, and Feed. We first heard […]
Source

Continue reading...

Eric209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we have any side by sides with the Nero 5? Really considering replacing my 2 Nero5's with 2 Nero3's in my 22L

Theres a YouTuber that was trying them out. Its amazing how much flow they produce.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we have any side by sides with the Nero 5? Really considering replacing my 2 Nero5's with 2 Nero3's in my 22L
Screenshot_20200924-161255_Gallery.jpg

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering what goes through these developers minds when they decide on bright neon Colored blades for pump
Based on the box my Prime came in, I think it's their corporate color scheme. Although I agree they should have went with black. I don't care about their branding attempt, I want it to fit in with the rest of my tank.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these pumps but loved the wavepuck more. At least someone is still making this style with quality. Would love to see a bigger version.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine--not in tank yet--will be soon!
Does anyone know if the fish guard is just held on by the magnet or clicks into place? Seems if you tilt the pump it would leave a gap if not clicked on. But I don't want to force it. comes with illustration but no written directions.

Eric209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine--not in tank yet--will be soon!
Does anyone know if the fish guard is just held on by the magnet or clicks into place? Seems if you tilt the pump it would leave a gap if not clicked on. But I don't want to force it. comes with illustration but no written directions.

I got mines a few days ago and I was trying to figure it out also. Theres a cut out for the cord so I just lined it up and put the magnet behind it and it's been holding up! Small powerheads but powerful! So far so good!

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not really dig the bright blades at first but I can tell across the room if they are spinning and I can tell how dirty they are without turning them off. I like it now it grew on me

Bingo

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figur3 out the magnet. Had it positioned backward. But then the pump didn’t work. Opened it like for cleaning found the propellor woulnt turn. Controller was blinking red. Sometbing must have been stuck-maybe.a piece of plastic? Anyway got it to work. But really really strong for my IM 30.L. Have it T 2 percen right now. Will experiment tomorrow..
Don’t understand why if I added it to IPad it doesn’t show up on iphone too.???

Eric209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figur3 out the magnet. Had it positioned backward. But then the pump didn’t work. Opened it like for cleaning found the propellor woulnt turn. Controller was blinking red. Sometbing must have been stuck-maybe.a piece of plastic? Anyway got it to work. But really really strong for my IM 30.L. Have it T 2 percen right now. Will experiment tomorrow..

I have 2 on my 57g Rimless and I'm still playing with the settings. I'm running random low 60% high 75% Medium. I'm still looking for the sweet spot and where to keep them on my tank

Riley Quinn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the size but ice cap and ai went way wrong with the coloring of the blades. You do not want to draw attention to a pump, you want to not see it. If your pump is your tanks showpiece well smh...

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many Nero 3’s do you have running on your IM30L? How do you like the Nero 3?

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many Nero 3’s do you have running on your IM30L? How do you like the Nero 3?
I have 2 running and I really like them a lot. After you get the hang of them easy to adjust if needed and low profile so don’t interfere with the look of the tank. Had an ice cap gyre worked well but took up lots of room and cast shadows.

Attachments

• 0DB881DE-91D8-4EC7-8951-FE5E37FBE72E.jpeg
    0DB881DE-91D8-4EC7-8951-FE5E37FBE72E.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 70

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back