Nero 5 and AI Primes paring only works in separate tanks?

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have an AI Prime 16HD and when I use the myAI app, It is there in its own tank.

I just got a Nero 5 pump and when I try to add it to the tank, it is greyed out and won't let me. I have to create a new tank for the pump. Do I need to make a new tank for every individual product from AI in the app? If so that seems really dumb I can't group my products together under one tank.

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep as far as I can figure it out I have one tank with nero5 and had to make another for the lights

eacass02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 26hd and a nero 5 both connected to my tank. but one says wifi and the other says bluetooth? maybe that's different somehow? Both set ups were automatic and didn't take long.
IMG_0605[1].PNG

fowler279

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into same issue. Just got my Nero5 this week and when i went to pair it to the same tank as my prime it wouldnt let me. Same issue as you. Created a new "tank" and it worked fine. Did some googling and it appears thats how you have to set them up. Kinda dumb in my opinion.

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ran into same issue. Just got my Nero5 this week and when i went to pair it to the same tank as my prime it wouldnt let me. Same issue as you. Created a new "tank" and it worked fine. Did some googling and it appears thats how you have to set them up. Kinda dumb in my opinion.
I guess the idea is because the light has a different interface they operate them. So if you had multiple pumps in the same tank, then you could add them. Same with lights.

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have a 26hd and a nero 5 both connected to my tank. but one says wifi and the other says bluetooth? maybe that's different somehow? Both set ups were automatic and didn't take long.
IMG_0605[1].PNG
I am not sure which models have which, but my AI Prime 16HDs only have bluetooth connectivity, so those lights might be wifi enabled meaning you can control them remotely if needed

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back