Nero 5 Flashing red indicator and blue ring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jiml

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Ai directly when I was having a problem with mine and they gave me a couple different things to try. Can’t remember exactly what they said so give them a call.

Aneasytarget

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve an issue with my Nero 5 pump. It has been working okay for the last three months. (Well after the initial lubricant issue was resolved ). But I believe this might be a software problem. The pump is perfectly cleaned. The indicator light is flashing red and the ring is a blue light. After I factory reset the pump it works fine but only on the factory preset modes. When I try to connect it to the app the pump gives three short turns and stops. The indicator light flashes red and the ring is

I’ve contacted Aqua illumination but they have told me to contact a distributor, which is incidentally in another country. I will hope for a reply soon. Anyone got any thought in the meantime. I suspect something is not right with the Bluetooth connection.
Hey, not
I’ve an issue with my Nero 5 pump. It has been working okay for the last three months. (Well after the initial lubricant issue was resolved ). But I believe this might be a software problem. The pump is perfectly cleaned. The indicator light is flashing red and the ring is a blue light. After I factory reset the pump it works fine but only on the factory preset modes. When I try to connect it to the app the pump gives three short turns and stops. The indicator light flashes red and the ring is blue.

I’ve contacted Aqua illumination but they have told me to contact a distributor, which is incidentally in another country. I will hope for a reply soone blinking light issue. Anyone got any thought in the meantime. I suspect something is not right with the Bluetooth connection.
Hey,
Not sure if you’re still having issues?
A firmware update fixed my pump.
AI app
Settings
Devices
Update will appear next to Nero 5
I didn’t even know this existed until I had the blinking light issue, lucky I was home.

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve an issue with my Nero 5 pump. It has been working okay for the last three months. (Well after the initial lubricant issue was resolved ). But I believe this might be a software problem. The pump is perfectly cleaned. The indicator light is flashing red and the ring is a blue light. After I factory reset the pump it works fine but only on the factory preset modes. When I try to connect it to the app the pump gives three short turns and stops. The indicator light flashes red and the ring is blue.

I’ve contacted Aqua illumination but they have told me to contact a distributor, which is incidentally in another country. I will hope for a reply soon. Anyone got any thought in the meantime. I suspect something is not right with the Bluetooth connection.
I ran into the same thing about two weeks into using mine. I took it out, disassembled, confirmed it didn’t need any cleaning, then all I did was delete the tank I created under the app and repair the pump. Works just fine now :)

touliloup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue.
Cleaning (thorough cleaning + 1h in vinegar/warm water) and hard reset (plug while holding the button until blinking red) didn't help.
The pump start and then spin a few times, sometimes it spins a little, sometimes it just make a little sound like it's struggling. And then it finally blink red and blue.

Everything is perfectly clean so I don't believe that to be an issue.
Maybe the power supply that cannot provide enough current, or a bad controller...

Last edited:

touliloup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a photo of the head, it's pretty clean, so that should not be an issue:

Nero5_Clean.jpg

A firmware update was available and installed, but it didn't help.

Stevesreef225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to bump this thread to say I’ve now thrown 2 of these pumps in the trash. Squeaky clean, firmware updated. Got a year out of one and six months out of the other. Love my AI lights and I did love these pumps, just to unreliable.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back