Nero 5 Flashing red indicator and blue ring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Halostemanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve an issue with my Nero 5 pump. It has been working okay for the last three months. (Well after the initial lubricant issue was resolved ). But I believe this might be a software problem. The pump is perfectly cleaned. The indicator light is flashing red and the ring is a blue light. After I factory reset the pump it works fine but only on the factory preset modes. When I try to connect it to the app the pump gives three short turns and stops. The indicator light flashes red and the ring is blue.

I’ve contacted Aqua illumination but they have told me to contact a distributor, which is incidentally in another country. I will hope for a reply soon. Anyone got any thought in the meantime. I suspect something is not right with the Bluetooth connection.

chrisMtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar issue with my Nero 5, I will be contacting AI support later today. What country are you in? I'm wodering why they are sending you to a distributor in another country, that seems complicated :confused:

In my case the pump ran flawlessly for the first two weeks. Yesterday when I got home, it was not working. The indicator was flasing red and blue. In unplugged it, made sure it was clean and tried again. I got the same flashing. I did simple resets and factory resets several times until it started moving again. Then I was not able to make the connection with my phone. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again, and it worked! But a couple of hours later it stopped again... I haven't been able to make a connection since and the propeller is not moving at all.

The AI website says that these colors indicate a problem with the motor. I am sure I got a defective unit and it sucks, I was under the impression that I was paying a premium for quality. In the future I'll continue buying Jebao pumps, they stop working after a year but given the present situation they look like a wiser investment.

AquaHobby31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having this issue now as well. Not sure what’s going on. Will call them tomorrow

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following.

Great I just ordered 2 of them 2 days ago for my tank. Hope I didn't make a mistake

Archie487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve an issue with my Nero 5 pump. It has been working okay for the last three months. (Well after the initial lubricant issue was resolved ). But I believe this might be a software problem. The pump is perfectly cleaned. The indicator light is flashing red and the ring is a blue light. After I factory reset the pump it works fine but only on the factory preset modes. When I try to connect it to the app the pump gives three short turns and stops. The indicator light flashes red and the ring is blue.

I’ve contacted Aqua illumination but they have told me to contact a distributor, which is incidentally in another country. I will hope for a reply soon. Anyone got any thought in the meantime. I suspect something is not right with the Bluetooth connection.
Yes me too have the same it is brand new but it does not worked

TruckerTami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is sounding disappointing. I was about to buy 2!?

Has anyone resolved the issues?
I just unplugged it and pulled it apart, put it back together and I had to remove it from the app and create its own channel instead of running it parent/child. It’s working now. Not sure if maybe the impeller was loose or what.

TruckerTami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just unplugged it and pulled it apart, put it back together and I had to remove it from the app and create its own channel instead of running it parent/child. It’s working now. Not sure if maybe the impeller was loose or what.
I had it running on my other tank for a few days while I waited for EcoTech to send me a new Westside for a faulty one, so I moved it back to the new tank and these issues started.

jiml

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone figure this out? Woke up this morning my 2 week old Nero is doing the same thing.

boomeraudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone figure this out? Woke up this morning my 2 week old Nero is doing the same thing.

I went through a bunch of troubleshooting with AI about this. ultimately it took fully resetting the device to fix it. Give this a try and see if it works. I had to do it more than once and it finally fixed it.

Let me know! Good luck! @jiml

jiml

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks i will give that a try tonight when I get home from work. I unplugged it when I left the house this morning.

Will_1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same issue run fine for two weeks now flashing blue red light.
Took it apart cleaned it reset it worked for a day back to the same problem.
anyone sort the issue on these thanks.

jiml

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been running no problem once I got the snail out of it. Added a second 1 last week and no problems so far.

Will_1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines totally clear no snails or debris but keeps going back to flashing blue and red light. Only two weeks old and run no higher then 35%.
Started to think faulty unit.

Back