Nero 7! What are your thoughts of the AI Nero Pumps?

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up reefers!

This video we take a closer look at the brand new Nero 7, and compare the rest of the models of AI's wave pump series! Curious to hear who has ran Nero's before, and if anyone is looking at grabbing the Nero 7?

Hope you enjoy the video, and if you enjoy please be sure to sub it helps me a ton! Happy Reefing!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have a Nero 5 , and think it’s the best wave/pump that I’ve had. Tanks too small for the seven unfortunately.

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up reefers!

This video we take a closer look at the brand new Nero 7, and compare the rest of the models of AI's wave pump series! Curious to hear who has ran Nero's before, and if anyone is looking at grabbing the Nero 7?

Hope you enjoy the video, and if you enjoy please be sure to sub it helps me a ton! Happy Reefing!

I like Nero 5 but I really liked vortech better

strawberry_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Checking in with two Nero 5’s as well. On my 150 they were plenty enough flow by themselves. Now on my 180, I have them dialed back since I’m also running a Gyre 4k. Either way, absolutely phenomenal power heads!!

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking in with two Nero 5’s as well. On my 150 they were plenty enough flow by themselves. Now on my 180, I have them dialed back since I’m also running a Gyre 4k. Either way, absolutely phenomenal power heads!!
Wild how strong they are! Was pleasantly surprised!

The Roots Ok GIF

kboogie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Nero 5's and I'm looking to get a Nero 7. I like them. I used Vortech's on my other tank and I liked them until the failures started. They would seize up frequently. I haven't had the same number of problems with the Neros and they are about half the price.

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 and 7 on opposite sides of an IM 100 EXT running anti sync. Amazed on how much flow these things provide. They easily can shoot a focused flow across the entire tank. You can actually get a gyre flow happening especially with the 7. You can see the flow across the bottom the entire duration of the tank moving back to the Nero. Like that they are easy to clean too.

wisnia99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 and 7 on opposite sides of an IM 100 EXT running anti sync. Amazed on how much flow these things provide. They easily can shoot a focused flow across the entire tank. You can actually get a gyre flow happening especially with the 7. You can see the flow across the bottom the entire duration of the tank moving back to the Nero. Like that they are easy to clean too.
Im thinking of buying 2 nero pumps how big is your tank and how strong do you run your pumps? I have 220 gal 6' long

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking of buying 2 nero pumps how big is your tank and how strong do you run your pumps? I have 220 gal 6' long
I’ve got 2 Nero 3s in my SR60 on the right side 2/3 up. With a smaller Jebao on the opposite side. The Neros are running at 50% on a 4/2 sec. pulse. And a Nero 3 in my 22 gallon cube running at 55% . Needless to say I like Nero pumps.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced my two Neptune Wavs with Nero 7s and absolutely love them. I like there smaller footprint, the ability to adjust direction, wide water flow path, and the ease of cleaning. I am currently using two MP40s and the two Nero 7s.

saltcreep74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up 2 Nero 5's and 1 Nero 3 for my 75 gallon. Love the app and size....hate the fact that you still have wires in the tank. For me it's pretty annoying... for that, thinking im gonna trade them in for MP10's if i can get a good price for them otherwise im sticking with the Nero's.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
out of 3 nero 3's, i had one die on me and was likely due to my own negligence (lack of cleaning). i still have it in hopes to one day get it working again (it powers on just fine, but does not spin. app does not indicate it is jammed/stuck)

i do see lots of threads of people having worse "luck" with their nero's, but i don't have any issues (aside from the 1 nero 3)

wisnia99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the noise? I have the gyre X350s and they are terrible whining noise on any speed above 60% I hate to buy it and find out they whine

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back