OP
D-reefer

D-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!! I haven’t added any more fish since last time. I’m excited about how the tank is running all the live stocks seems to be happy and healthy. I love waking up in the morning and watching the the clown fish and cardinal swim to the top for feeding. The transformation of the tank is amazing watching the tank go through it changes is unbelievable, even with all the diatoms on the rocks and sand the tank still looks okay my family and friends are amaze. I like to say Thank you to all reef2reef members for your support and advice in getting me to this point in the this beautiful hobby of marina life .

E959B8C4-3409-4235-BD57-A2A05096FFDD.jpeg

F5F8408A-ECFF-40AC-BC4A-344F67F78071.jpeg

OP
OP
D-reefer

D-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!! Hello my fellow reefers, I hope everyone is having a nice summer with your family. So far the tank is still running smooth, I clean my tank about every 3 weeks, so far that’s working for me. I added two more fish to my tank about a month ago, now I have a total of 6 fish, and I’m please how the fish are getting along. I have some green alga on my rocks, I think need to purchase some more Mexican crabs to clean up the algae on the rocks. I haven’t purchase lights yet, or corals. Fish only tank for now.

409D35B6-AD93-4FDA-B17B-8CEE6A9AB9BD.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking good. Enjoy the sailfin. It will get bigger but Not overnight. Get these guys some Nori(seaweed) and foods that contains kelp and algae and add Vitamins such as selcon or vitachem to their food

OP
OP
D-reefer

D-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My fellow reefer, I noticed a few days go my yellow tang was moving around a little slow hanging around at the bottom of the tank, I went to my local fish store where I purchase the tang, they ask me what are you feeding the fish ? I said brine shrimps the clerk said I should be feeding tangs some type of vegetables because they are herbivore. I purchased a packed of mega marina algae, I started alternate days of feeding, brine shrimp one day and mega marina algae food another day, after a couple of days the tang started swimming around the tank, But last night my yellow tang passed away. This is my first fish to die, I'm feeling some type of way, I'm pondering on what happen, my water parameters are okay I was feeding my sailfin Tang my two clowns and 2 cardinal fish brine shrimps and they are doing great so far. any suggestion or advice.

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad :(

Tangs graze on algae throughout the day as their primary diet. The urchin likely ate all the algae off the rocks, so there was nothing for the tang. Most people supplement herbivores with nori sheets, like sea veggies (the green one) in a clip.

Regular brine shrimp is the equivalent of fast food. I feed the spirulina brine, but I rotate each feeding through spirulina brine, mysis and krill, as well as adding two different sea veggies in the clips.

OP
OP
D-reefer

D-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey W1ngz, I'm thinking on buying a cleanup crew for the algae on the rocks, green veggies the green one in a clip and Spirulina shrimp, do you think buying another tang will hurt? Since I have the sailfin tang in the tank already, should I buy one or two tangs or just wait..

Back