Nest Cam and Fusion Video (new)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Credit goes to a Facebook post on Neptune's Community Forum (thanks Joshua S), but figured it would be worth sharing, as I was able to use and make it work today. This allowed for live video from a Nest Cam to stream in Fusion (seemed to have been broken the past few months, but with this is now working again).

4-Step Process for Nest Cam/Nest Cam IQ (New Units)
1. Share your camera publicly, and find the link to share it. It’ll look like this… (this isn't my actual UID of course)
https://video.nest.com/live/ueuUueADjK.
2. Open MICROSOFT EDGE and paste that URL in the Address Bar. Right click anywhere on the video screen and select Inspect Element.
3. Find the line that looks like this (search for “playlist.m3u8” without the quotes)…
<source src="https://stream-us1-alfa.dropcam.com:443/…/062…/playlist.m3u8" type="application/x-mpegURL">
4. Copy everything between the quotes (https://str.....playlist.m3u8), but DO NOT copy the quotes. Paste that line into the MPEG4 option in Fusion.

Updated to reflect new HTTPS protocol on Nest Cams.

OP
OP
themcfreak

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also able to do this same thing in Safari on a Mac, does not require Edge.

DiZASTiX

Spikeasaurus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's complicated. It works on Edge, iOS*, and Safari, but not on Chrome and Firefox.

For iOS app, it only works when you "pop out" the video player. It doesn't work on the dashboard page.

Dom274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's complicated. It works on Edge, iOS*, and Safari, but not on Chrome and Firefox.

For iOS app, it only works when you "pop out" the video player. It doesn't work on the dashboard page.

This. I was able to get a dlink cam working in fusion, but it only works when viewing fusion in an Edge, IOS or Safafi browser. The URL works, as I can throw it in a regular chrome tab and the video stream pops right up, but using the fusion dashboard in chrome breaks it. The issue is with the fusion dashboard.

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mitch91175 what does the above add-on do? By the way, I heard Terence from Neptune say on his YouTube channel that he is beta testing the new nest cam integration into Fusion so it sounds like they may have fixed the issue in the next Fusion update.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mitch91175 what does the above add-on do? By the way, I heard Terence from Neptune say on his YouTube channel that he is beta testing the new nest cam integration into Fusion so it sounds like they may have fixed the issue in the next Fusion update.

Allows you to play the stream link in Chrome

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back