JoeKooL KoolReef 210 remodeling into 428 display Custom DIY sump net BOOM!

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everyone. I have been real busy and haven't had much time to forum. I did go to ny and go hunting and all my numbers dropped in the tank so I've been working them back up.

How is everybody?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everyone. I have been real busy and haven't had much time to forum. I did go to ny and go hunting and all my numbers dropped in the tank so I've been working them back up.

How is everybody?
Hi stranger glad to see you back! So your numbers dropped, how badly? Is all life on your reef good?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the name of this purple acro that you gave me?
tapatalk_1484620786140.jpeg

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a couple things my pH seem to be staying really high for some reason so I started testing and found that my calcium is really low alkalinity was low too but not as much so it adversely affected my pH for some reason and I noticed my magnesium was down to 1000 so everything off was everything was off by few hundred ppm I'm pretty close to where I want to be now everything else is looking great now except for a little bryopsis but that should go away with the higher magnesium. As soon as I got my calcium back up my pH straightened out with my eight bags and everything has been good sense.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a couple things my pH seem to be staying really high for some reason so I started testing and found that my calcium is really low alkalinity was low too but not as much so it adversely affected my pH for some reason and I noticed my magnesium was down to 1000 so everything off was everything was off by few hundred ppm I'm pretty close to where I want to be now everything else is looking great now except for a little bryopsis but that should go away with the higher magnesium. As soon as I got my calcium back up my pH straightened out with my eight bags and everything has been good sense.
Wow that's quite an imbalance! LOL and I can't get my pH high enough! I have to keep calling at 420-440 AND alk at 9.3-9.6 to get at or close to an 8.3 level.

Glad it's doing better! I have a ha issue that I'm fighting daily.... ugh.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know the iPad takes terrible photos but this gives you an idea of what the baby blue looks like there's a piece on the far background and there's a piece up close I'm next to the wrath of grapes you can also see what was happening because they calcium was real low with that wrath of grapes but that was basically the only coral that Saul any issues but it's starting to grow down back over at self again . Once I get everything balanced out again I will start frag and some of these things the baby blue was really growing crazy before I went out of town so once I get it straightened out we should be banging again but I'll definitely cut you off a piece and save it
IMG_1986.JPG
IMG_1987.JPG

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Love it!!!

Yeah I have to get my doser adjusted. I've been manually dosing on top of the doser just because I haven't gotten around to adjusting the doser. The tank is using about 100ml more of both ca and alk daily now. Alk is set at 120ml so it's using about 220ml. The corals are really sucking this stuff up!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone had asked me about a true purple slimer. Was it you? I have some frags that I just cut from mine in grow out. If you want me to save you one let me know.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was you or Todd or both. Haven't seen Todd around in a very long time.... The true purple slimer is near impossible to find and have yet to see any up for sale anywhere.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of the frags and the mother colony. It was growing wide and not upward. So I cut the outward branches in hopes of encouraging upward growth. See the damage to the pocillopora? I am most likely going to have to move the purple monster, poci and red robin away from it somehow.
20170118_133527.jpg
20170118_133538.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back