never ending battle of cyano

JustinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to decided how i should proceed. Ive been fighting cyano for months now, starting to think my rock might be leeching po4 as i can siphon it off rocks and is back next day. got tons of flow, literally, 150 display with 3 mp40s running about 90% plus return pump. I do weekly water changes, nothing seems to help. po4 on tests is low, i think its just being used up faster than i can test. wanted some opinions on my plans, never been happy with my aquascaping, i have some rock that i bleached/acid bathed. thinking about doing a total rescape with all new rock, while i do this put my live stock in qt for a couple weeks. if i do should i keep a couple pieces of my current rock in the sump for a while? do I sound insane? Just not sure what else to try.

Coleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a cyano outbreak I did a really big water change and the cyano went away.

Garia666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, i would suggest adding bacteria and hold with the water change for a week.
i would suggest the following. 1.Seachem. Stability
2. zeovit Zeobak Battle of the Bacteria: ZEOvit vs Prodibio vs Biopellets | AquaNerd
3.th ill get back on this one as i dont know the name.. and i am at work.
4.th do a water change with Nutri Sea Water? Natural Live Ocean Saltwater by Natures Ocean®

Also add more flow when possible ,

You need the bacteria to eat the food away from the cyano.

Try that before anything else.

If you tried all that and are up for drastic messures i would suggest "Mycosidol"

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you follow the directions closely, chemiclean can be really effective if nothing else is working.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back