OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer is now up and running! Found a great deal on some water storage last week, too. I'm unexpectedly home this week, so hoping to get this water station going. Wasn't expecting to have this 200g Norwesco, so may have to change my plans up a bit! Then the fun part comes of plumbing under the house. My crawlspace isn't too bad, but I've got to go all the way back to the other side of the house from the door to get to this stuff.

20230717_141115.jpg

20230716_202552.jpg

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along! Added a diamond goby and a purple firefish. The diamond goby is making sure the tank is silty. Haha! Hoping that calms down with time. It should, but it may take a bit. The sand I got was not my favorite. Still haven't setup the water station. Have to do that soon. Got everything tested recently and everything looked great except my alk. Gotta get it up. Also changed out my filter mat roll for the first time. Red Sea did a great job with making it easy. I stuck in a PreFilterCon roll. It's working great! 50 micron. Gonna be awesome at $13/roll shipped when I buy 10 at a time. May even go up to 80 micron since using a bit more material won't be too big a deal. We'll see.

Brandon

sark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same but g2 sitting in the garage waiting for my new house to be remodeled before I set it up.
Your tank looks great. What return pump are you using and thanks for the updates. Will follow.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Are you going to do a build thread?

I went with a Jabao DC return pump. I've used them before and they're great for the money.

Brandon

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates Brandon?
What you end up doing for lights? Did you diy a lid ?

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still rocking the chain and 1x2s unfortunately. lol Had a fight with ich the last few weeks, and ich won. :( Stupidly didn't quarantine two new fish. Lost 5 or 6 overall. No fun.

Brandon

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back