OP
OP
Han

Han

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully the fish will still be there when my tank is done cycling. On a separate note, have you ever tried feeding scuds (gammarus) to any of your fish? I have long been researching breeding ghost shrimp but it seems too time consuming, from what I understand scuds are much easier to breed. Just wondering if they would be a suitable live food item. I would only consider the freshwater species.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/QUOTE]
I have also never used copper on any of my fish. It's a poison and you just hope the fish outlasts the parasite. If I have to treat, I use CP.

I wouldn't get an eel with an open top tank.

Rhinos are cool, scorps are cool. Ever consider an angler?

My fuzzy and angler have a weird relationship. They spend all day lounging next to each other.

IMG_20190811_185804.jpg

OP
OP
Han

Han

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve decided against an eel, but I still ordered a glass lid today. I’ve had fish that aren’t known “jumpers” jump before so I just like to be careful. Anglers look cool, I don’t know much about them but I really like scorps and rhinos. How does caring for an angler compare to scorps?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lionfish jump, and so do scorps, I don't think the rhino would because they are sort of clunky.

I've kept anglers in the past, they are on my list of fish I would never keep again. Their personality really doesn't measure up to a scorp. Caring for an angler is similar as with any of the ambush preds. They can and will eat anything as large as themselves, I've seen a painted angler eat a fuzzy lionfish.

As far as scuds go, they may be good for an additional food, even a snack. One of my lions would likely put down 30-40 of those a week. If you do culture scuds, remember, you are what you eat. You may have seen some of my post regarding feeding and enhancing your feeders.

OP
OP
Han

Han

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’ll give the scuds a try, I have a brand new 20g laying around collecting dust. I think I’ve read through all your posts by now, I’ll definitely refer back to that one if I end up culturing scuds.

OP
OP
Han

Han

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

I brought the rhinopias home a couple days ago. He is in quarantine now under observation and so far has eaten anything I’ve fed him. I don’t plan on treating him unless I see any issues.

5A59B293-500B-405F-AC08-5180CE607682.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back