New “used” apex lite

mikee002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received a used Apex light. This is my first controller so I am starting from the bottom up on learning this. So far, I would say that I am not super impressed with the complexity of managing it. I am trying to reset it to factory defaults, and there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to do it without a display.Additionally it seems like it’s quite the mission to update firmware as well. It seems like there are tons of threads and issues with people doing something as simple as a firmware update.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had great luck with just asking Neptune Systems for help. Raise a support ticket. Their own community forum is also great.

OP
OP
mikee002

mikee002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had great luck with just asking Neptune Systems for help. Raise a support ticket. Their own community forum is also great.

Thanks... Yes, I’ve found their forums, I’ll definitely be using it (and here) a lot coming up.

OP
OP
mikee002

mikee002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just accidentally found out on my own how to reset it. Seems seems it’s called initialize all not reset, LOL. Now I have a nice blank slate to start with.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the main difference between the “light” and the just apex?
If I recall correctly there were some 0-10v control ports on the full Apex that were not available on the Light. I had to get a VDM module for my Tunze pumps control. Oh, and maybe the ORP port. Maybe some other things but those come to mind.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lite was to classic as EL is to the current full apex. Doing firmware updates on the old platform was a pain. Much easier on the new one.

OP
OP
mikee002

mikee002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lite was to classic as EL is to the current full apex. Doing firmware updates on the old platform was a pain. Much easier on the new one.

Yeah, luckily the seller already had it upgraded to the most recent firmware so I don’t have to deal with it right now, but I was looking into the process and it seems just plain silly.

chefbuddy24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the fence right now. I won’t trident in a raffle but don’t have an apex. Not sure wether to get the el or the big one. Only have a 75 gallon sps dominant tank.

[

QUOTE="mikee002, post: 8458067, member: 75814"]
Yeah, luckily the seller already had it upgraded to the most recent firmware so I don’t have to deal with it right now, but I was looking into the process and it seems just plain silly.
[/QUOTE]

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the fence right now. I won’t trident in a raffle but don’t have an apex. Not sure wether to get the el or the big one.
If you have any thought of using the features of the full Apex then get it. Adding things to the EL to get what was included in the full Apex will just cost more.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the fence right now. I won’t trident in a raffle but don’t have an apex. Not sure wether to get the el or the big one. Only have a 75 gallon sps dominant tank.

Where are you on the OCD scale? If, like me, you’re above a 7 then get the full apex.

Back