new 100g cube

REEFER-RICK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a 100g cube at the end of the month going to take every thing out of my 36 g should I be worried about a spike or just set up the 100g and let it cycle be fore the transfer

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add new sand to the 100-gallon, fresh saltwater and Bio-Spira - then just move the rocks, corals, fish and inverts across to insta-cycle it. You can also add any new rock at this time.

OP
OP
REEFER-RICK

REEFER-RICK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add new sand to the 100-gallon, fresh saltwater and Bio-Spira - then just move the rocks, corals, fish and inverts across to insta-cycle it. You can also add any new rock at this time.
I would like to use some if not all of the old sand in my 36 gallon leave the fish in the 36 for a couple of days CUC can go in the cube I hope corals will go in later once cube settles

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't use any old sand it could cause a ammonia spike or just rinse it well before u put it in

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I want to put my old sand in my sump which be set up later after it settles down wait a few days then set up the sump would that work
If you plan to reuse the sand, rinse throughly (several times) and set out in the sun to air dry. Then rinse again and repeat.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan was to take the 36g and put it under my stand wait a few days to set it up to my dispay tank
Trust me - the sand you want to remove is gonna be disgusting. Sand in the sump isn't necessarily a great idea for several reasons, but to each their own.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I want to put my old sand in my sump which be set up later after it settles down wait a few days then set up the sump would that work
It's not a good idea to reuse without throughly rinsing, cleaning and drying it - no.

OP
OP
REEFER-RICK

REEFER-RICK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sump will have baffles in it one for the overflow water one the refugium and one for the return sand for macro would be in the middle chamber so no sand goes into the return chamber will buy new but have alot of critters living in my 36g would buy new no biggie maybe mud

OP
OP
REEFER-RICK

REEFER-RICK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will rinse the used sand may times till the water in the bucket is clear but still want sand in my sump for macro to be growing have no luck with cheato

OP
OP
REEFER-RICK

REEFER-RICK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well getting my 100 gallon cube on Sunday my plan is to put 100 gallons or less in it take all the rock from the 36g and put it in the 100g. Going to use the 36g for a sump if it fits under the stand if not have a 30g ready now my question is when I clean my sand and put it in my sump with the live rock I already in my 10 gallon as I want to section it off for a macro sump will I get a cycle ? Tank is now 6 months old any comments welcome bty not going to hook up the sump to the DT for at least a week

OP
OP
REEFER-RICK

REEFER-RICK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home now need to cut the stand in half won`t fit threw my door then re brace then plumbing , new sand ,switch over from 36g to the cube and see if the 36g will serve as my sump going to be a couple of busy days and lots of NSW thanks for the tips fellow reefers

Attachments

• 100 cube.jpg
    100 cube.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 28

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back