New 125 Uniquarium setup...the slow build

DaftandDirty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife @Mayfair and I have a 46 gallon Dutch Aquarium System AIO that is old but for the last year was successful learner reef system. I just got her a Clear for Life 125 Uniquarium. We are moving to a more coral based reef system with less focus on fish. Alot of folks have warned us on salt creep and moisture due to the shelf it's sitting under and we are aware of this and will have good airflow to help mitigate this. We have had the 46 going for a year there with zero moisture/salt issues. So far we are waiting for our BRS RODI system to come in. We have powerheads and heaters and a good amount of live rock for our scape in bins ready to go. We are also using Marine pure in our overflow/sump area. I will post more pics once we have it scaped and full of water.
The Process so far...

Test Fit with base extension:
ReefTankNew.jpg

Finalized base sizing and stained, Also hung our AquaticLife 4 bulb T5 HO Fixture:
20170725_174552.jpg

DIY kayak rail system light hanger for sliding back for access when needed:
20170723_114238.jpg
20170722_205616.jpg

20170717_193534.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Even though you can remove the light, it looks like a tight fit. Are you sure you will have enough access to get to the rear compartments when needed? I only ask this because maintenance is one thing...difficult maintenance is another thing all together! Good luck with the build.

OP
OP
DaftandDirty

DaftandDirty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Even though you can remove the light, it looks like a tight fit. Are you sure you will have enough access to get to the rear compartments when needed? I only ask this because maintenance is one thing...difficult maintenance is another thing all together! Good luck with the build.
The light slides out with ease on the rails and does have good clearance. Yes we are very focused on the rear access. We have been "test reaching" to make sure we have the access we need. Hence why we made the light so easy to remove if anything in the middle needs to be accessed. Filter Floss on the drip tray is our greatest concern as it will be swapped the most and we have great clearance. The pump is completely accessible at the side. My only real concern is the little skimmer we will have in, we have yet to get the mount in place but it does have tilt and clearance as is so far. We will troubleshoot that before putting in water for sure. Thank you for the comment, definitely solid advice and concern.

OP
OP
DaftandDirty

DaftandDirty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update now full of RODI, salt mixed slowly in, rock placed, sand dropped and salinity looking good.

Rocks all placed and sand settled. Clarity is slowly returning.
Rock2.jpg

First Rock formation built and set after salt mixed and stable overnight.
Rock1.jpg

tdunmore2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Is this a custom tank? Can you show the rear chambers?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back