OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/help-me-save-this-tang-for-my-friend.366109/page-4#post-4536864

Tried to save a tang for a friend, but unfortunately he was too far gone, and only lived 4 days with me. No matter what, I couldn't get him to eat. If you want to see what I did, here is the thread.

"Flash" the McCosker is doing awesome! Got his first water change today, and is eating great. I will start prazipro today as well.
Main tank change today. Been doing 20 gallons every 2 weeks or 10 gallons every week depending on how life goes. Today will be a 10 gallon change.

Also - got the 20 set up with a container of sand in preparation to get 3 female blue star wrasses. I am excited to work with them and nervous because I know they can be a challenge. If you have and advice, let me know. I am going to be patient. The tank is ready when I decide to pull the trigger, but not in a rush.

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for stopping by!! Lots more to go! :) .

Looking forward to seeing the progress. My wife and I have enjoyed our 120 now for about 6 years and it's fun to see progression of a newer tank. Ours is basically on cruise control after going through many of the challenges you've experienced thus far. Everything seemed to stabilize for us once I decided to stop changing things around all the time while chasing technology. I just did my yearly 30 gallon water change this past weekend LOL.......

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing the progress. My wife and I have enjoyed our 120 now for about 6 years and it's fun to see progression of a newer tank. Ours is basically on cruise control after going through many of the challenges you've experienced thus far. Everything seemed to stabilize for us once I decided to stop changing things around all the time while chasing technology. I just did my yearly 30 gallon water change this past weekend LOL.......

Wow! Yearly water change!! That’s amazing!! I love seeing the changes but am looking forward to enjoying the display more than the basement. Right now I spend more time in the fish room with the filtration and quarantine area than I do the main tank. Lol.

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent a large part of the day in my happy place! The fish room! Love that the boys have a play room close by! And Noah loves to help! “Flash” has completed 30 days of medical treatment after getting velvet - so he finally moved to an observation tank for the next two weeks! If he has a clean bill of health, he graduates to the main tank!

The new 40 gallon quarantine tank is set up and water is mixing! Hoping to get my 3 blue star leopards this week. I’ve been waiting 2 years to get them!

I have rods mixed with mysis and roe on hand. Umm be getting some copepods to have and some Cyclops. Not in a huge hurry. But ready when they get here!
E8219404-C531-490C-BEB5-F59679B32318.jpeg
977BC6D1-E922-42B5-BC00-C92DE74B8FE1.jpeg

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking great. I enjoyed the video and commentary. Do you plan to get the clowns an anemone?
I’d really like to get a bubble tip. I just have heard if they die they could kill everything in the tank and that scares me. I’ve never had an anemone.

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d really like to get a bubble tip. I just have heard if they die they could kill everything in the tank and that scares me. I’ve never had an anemone.

I love Bubble Tips, but that was what started the decline in my biocube 29. Yes, maybe too small a tank for one. It moved around too much and started killing coral one by one. It did split a few times though, which was cool. Most amazing day when I first saw the clown snuggling inside it. Maybe in a large tank it would be fine. I have a 150 gallon now and am not even considering one anymore.

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Bubble Tips, but that was what started the decline in my biocube 29. Yes, maybe too small a tank for one. It moved around too much and started killing coral one by one. It did split a few times though, which was cool. Most amazing day when I first saw the clown snuggling inside it. Maybe in a large tank it would be fine. I have a 150 gallon now and am not even considering one anymore.
I have a 180 but have heard so many horror stories. I’m hoping they might host my Duncan. But no interest so far.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the tank matures a bit give one a try. I had one for many years about 10 I think, and it multiplied so much I had to give them away. I once even ripped it in half, on accident, threw it in the garbage, sobbed for 20 minutes, pulled it out of the garabage put in back in my tank and that is when it finally got bubbles. I am not exaggerating a bit. Lol.

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 but have heard so many horror stories. I’m hoping they might host my Duncan. But no interest so far.

They are great, but if they do die and you can't find it under a rock, good luck. Plus they will sting your corals.

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok - so - for those of you following along...I have a pretty darn good idea of my fish list. But when it comes to corals, I need help. I don’t know names of things well. And I haven’t ventured into sps yet. I have all LPS. I run 3 kessils; so not sure that is good enough to do sps.

I need COLOR! I have a Duncan, leather, red favia, orange acan, purple and green acan and a black torch coral.

I know I would like to get a couple montes - maybe a red cabbage and a green plate? Everything I have except the orange acan is pretty dull. I do have access to green Star polyp. What else will grow decently fast and add some nice color? (Also things that could be combined next to each other would be good too.

Annnndddd.....GO.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, hammer and frogspawn can be close together
Frogspawn2.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back