Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
63BF51E1-1F8C-4F1B-B7C4-C7C19C1D7E49.png
Well, I don’t know if any of you were keeping up with me anymore. But life has been just incredibly busy! The tank is doing OK! I lost some corals here, recently. When I had five Corentine tanks going at the same time, my main tank suffered from lack of attention and frequent water changes. I also had a bad test kit, and therefore my to nitrates went through the roof! I didn’t realize it until I started losing corals. I am in the process now of major water changes. 100 gallons on Sunday, and 60 gallons every other day for several days until they come down to where they need to be.
All of the new fish are doing amazing! Including my wheeler’s shrimp goby that disappeared for two months and then randomly showed up very skinny one day or in the same spot he had been in like nothing ever happened. Including his little partner shrimp that keeps him company! It was amazing!
I have three female and one male Anthea finally. I have the lyretail from the Indian Ocean (aka, Spotfin). I got a diamond goby as well. I purchased him for the main tank, but then just today, my LFS had a deal I couldn’t refuse on something I had been looking for for a long time. A pair of Bella Goby’s! So, they have joined the quarantine tank and the diamond has joined my 10 gallon Corentine that has sand and my green mandarin in it. He is already making a huge difference with cleaning the sand.
This will pretty much finish off the tank with fish. I am looking forward to learning more and doing better with Corals and really building my reef!
I do love the thrill of getting new fish and putting them through quarantine. However, I am looking forward to not having to do that for a while!

If you have made it this far, drop me a line and tell me how you were doing! I miss getting on here and chatting with everyone. Hopefully over Christmas break I’ll be able to engage more!

❤️Coop

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello long lost friend! It is so good to hear from you! My tank is still plugging along, nice and s l o w . My thread has been pretty active which is nice.
Thank you! Good to hear from you back! I will absolutely go in and check out your thread! Slow is good, my friend! Very good! I’m not good at taking the advice, but I know how good of advice it is!

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
63BF51E1-1F8C-4F1B-B7C4-C7C19C1D7E49.png
I got a diamond goby as well. I purchased him for the main tank, but then just today, my LFS had a deal I couldn’t refuse on something I had been looking for for a long time. A pair of Bella Goby’s!
My diamond goby has turned into one of my favorite fish ever! He works non-stop. I have never seen Bella gobies before. They look awesome! I'm really curious to know how they turn out for you. I'm not familiar with them at all and going to go read up now!

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My diamond goby has turned into one of my favorite fish ever! He works non-stop. I have never seen Bella gobies before. They look awesome! I'm really curious to know how they turn out for you. I'm not familiar with them at all and going to go read up now!
The bellas are just gorgeous. But same general function. Just a much prettier version

I love watching the diamond now! So fun to watch him rearrange the tank! Lol

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s good to see some updates on your system! I’m ready for the holiday season to calm down so that we can have our first Central Ohio Saltwater Aquarists meetup. I swung by Matt’s the other day and picked up an Exquisite Fairy Wrasse, which has joined my Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse in quarantine. I was in there last night, and there are a bunch of beautiful McCosker’s Flasher Wrasses. I removed my Misbar Ocellaris pair because they killed the one that I had gotten a few weeks ago. This is a heartbreaking hobby at times, but it’s also incredibly amazing.

We need more photo updates from you! Keep ‘em coming! :)

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear things are at least going okay. Jealous on the anthias. I may need to make a harem of those my next fish purchase. They're just too beautiful to not have some.

Currently fighting something, I think it's a green form of cyano. Only on the rocks but definitely not GHA. Fun times. I should be introducing 5 new fish from QT on Christmas. That will take me from 9 to 14 fish. Very excited about that! Good luck and thanks for the update!

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s good to see some updates on your system! I’m ready for the holiday season to calm down so that we can have our first Central Ohio Saltwater Aquarists meetup. I swung by Matt’s the other day and picked up an Exquisite Fairy Wrasse, which has joined my Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse in quarantine. I was in there last night, and there are a bunch of beautiful McCosker’s Flasher Wrasses. I removed my Misbar Ocellaris pair because they killed the one that I had gotten a few weeks ago. This is a heartbreaking hobby at times, but it’s also incredibly amazing.

I will do my best to get some videos/pics of the tanks this weekend and update!

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear things are at least going okay. Jealous on the anthias. I may need to make a harem of those my next fish purchase. They're just too beautiful to not have some.

Currently fighting something, I think it's a green form of cyano. Only on the rocks but definitely not GHA. Fun times. I should be introducing 5 new fish from QT on Christmas. That will take me from 9 to 14 fish. Very excited about that! Good luck and thanks for the update!

Awesome!! I had some cyano - but I sucked it out with an airhose, did a few water changes and it is gone! So - maybe try that. I put 6 new in to get me to 14 a couple months ago. They are great! I have a green mandarin in QT still and the other 6 (anthias and the 2 bellas). So this will pretty much finish the tank as far as fish! :) . Makes me sad a bit too!

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nick did you get anything from the swap last weekend?

Corey

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not in a huge hurry, but thinking about fish to replace the trigger and goby he ate. RIP Tigger. I did love the goby - they were fun to watch with their shrimp.
I was thinking of trying another pair of wheelers shrimp gobys. (sooner than later, as I know there is a shrimp in there waiting).

But I was also thinking of a starry blenny. Would that be compatible with what is in my tank already? I just have heard they have great personalities, and wouldn't be a huge fish to add in.
Let me know your thoughts!

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starry Blennys are just adorable. Once I got mine eating, he was great. We just love his droll little face. He minds his own business. Now the yellow eye kole tang is another story. ;Happy

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back