OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been following for some time. Don't allow all the haters to derail you. You are building a nice system.
Thank you so much. As everyone has said - there are so many opinions in this hobby. But some people can be nasty. Luckily most everyone here has been wonderful and I’ve inly run into a couple of not so nice people.

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have THE most important piece of reefing gear - the 2-step stool! Followed closely by the bucket head vacuum LOL.

Haha. Especially when you are 5 ft 1. Haha. I can’t reach much. Lol. It’s on my list to purchase a second one for the basement to get into QT tanks and the first section of the sump!

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised you can't get those at BRS. :D

Right!?!? I thought it was so funny when I ordered my silicone pad for the return pump and it literally had a kitchen supplies tag on it. . But it works wonders!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right!?!? I thought it was so funny when I ordered my silicone pad for the return pump and it literally had a kitchen supplies tag on it. . But it works wonders!
They sell a whole lot of the Oxo brand kitchen utensils. I think it is the same stuff you can get at Bed, Bath and Beyond. :)

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell a whole lot of the Oxo brand kitchen utensils. I think it is the same stuff you can get at Bed, Bath and Beyond. :)
Ah! Good to know! I have a $200 gift card there for Christmas and was upset that I couldn’t use it on fish stuff. Lol. Apparently I can!!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. Especially when you are 5 ft 1. Haha. I can’t reach much. Lol. It’s on my list to purchase a second one for the basement to get into QT tanks and the first section of the sump!

I'm 6' 2" and it's still essential equipment to help to reach the bottom of a 30" tall tank. Though my 15 year old son is almost as tall and already has longer arms ....... ASSISTANT lol

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C863323D-F20A-4D48-901F-2EFA34B01899.jpeg
550AB87C-580C-401C-89E6-6E7A2E162205.jpeg
6EFDA4BA-7F41-49F5-9A8E-1256AFA628D3.jpeg
This branch is brutal to place! Worked on just this part for a good 45 minutes. I decided to put the branch against the back wall for Support. I can’t get the rocks to lay right to keep it upright in the middle. If anyone has suggestions feel free (other than using 500 lbs of epoxy. Lol. Trying to epoxy as little as possible just because I like to be able to move things around if need be. Also - tried to epoxy the last rounds and the pieces came out totally different any way even with pics and markings.
My arms are SO dry!!!!

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A5B2FC55-B39E-428E-8A0E-67590BAC35F3.jpeg
97254F51-B930-4D3B-8FF6-215962093F37.jpeg
4EA7FDB7-6690-42EA-A78F-F927A3CA49E5.jpeg
aquaticepo-M.jpg

http://www.epoputtyusa.com/

Works "dry" and "wet" as well ;)

and if you looking for inverts hook John Malone up with https://www.reefcleaners.org/

Already got my lust from John at reefcleaners. I’ll be ordering in the next week or so.

Got my epoxy out! It wasn’t so bad! Cured under water nicely! Center section complete! And sand in! Letting the dust settle for a bit. Then we will fill the tank the rest of the way (water is already mixed) and hopefully have enough to cycle through the sump. I’m sure I’ll have to play with flow, but really excited.

Hoping to filter a little of the dust out through folter socks. But letting most of it settle. Took me 4 days to get rocks and sand in. Taking it SLOW. . And then slower.

Pardon me. Haven’t showered yet. Been working on the tank and took all Christmas decorations down today! Productive day!

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jenna, we might be soul mates...ya know like friend soul mates. loves marine aquariums, and if the mickey on your PJs are a sign you love Disney, then we are all set...soul mates. lol. If not soul mates, how do you feel about having a stalker?

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jenna, we might be soul mates...ya know like friend soul mates. loves marine aquariums, and if the mickey on your PJs are a sign you love Disney, then we are all set...soul mates. lol. If not soul mates, how do you feel about having a stalker?
Ummmm . . . yeah. We are disney freaks! :) We LOVE disney. My husband and I actually did a disney cruise for our honeymoon!
Soul Mates it is . . . or stalker - I will take either one. :)

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EEEEEEKKKK!!!! I am so freaking excited!!!!! First - organizing the fish room downstairs - holy crap - there is stuff EVERYWHERE!! The rocks for the sump have been curing for 1.5 weeks - today I changed their water to clean RODI water and rinsed them in RODI before putting them in the new bin. I will probably repeat this process 2-3 more times before it goes in.
- test kits and some equipment are in containers
- tank filled all the WAY!!! Need to mix one more trough to have enough water!!!! It is filling now!
- Sand is settling and things are looking good!

The main tank room is a disaster - this is AFTER I have been cleaning up and organizing all morning.
IMG_4132.JPG

IMG_4134.JPG
IMG_4135.JPG
IMG_4136.JPG
IMG_4137.JPG
IMG_4141.JPG
IMG_4142.JPG
IMG_4147.JPG

FULL TANK!!!!!
IMG_4148.JPG

WATER IN THE SUMP!!!!!!
IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4133.JPG

OP
OP
Mini Coop

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANNNNDDDDD - we have FISHIES!!! UPS delivered my shipment first thing so that the fish were on the truck as little as possible!! I ended up having to RAISE the salinity - they came at 1.027!!! Floated for about 25 minutes, got salinity matched, poured them into a bucket over the strainer, and in they went!!
The bag with one of the goby's and her shrimp was the one i eded up opening first to get water out of - - - they send a bag of just water, but didn't mark it. . . lol. I taped it up like was said to do, so was hoping the ammonia didn't spike from air exposure. Got my bonded cardinals too!! Hoping to just QT for observation so I don't break the bond with the goby's and the shrimp, but we will see how things go!

I am an idiot and also dropped the bag with the goby and shrimp!!! :eek: Slipped right out of my hand!! Watching her VERY closely for injury, but so far she has been perfectly happy! They are all swimming around and peachy!! The last thing I have to do is to go my in-laws, where my 120 is to get food!! HAHAHA! I have pellets, but kinda forgot about needing food - DUH! I have LRS reef frenzy and mysis. Anything else that the gobys or shrimp need? These are new to me.

IMG_4138.JPG
IMG_4151.JPG
IMG_4143.JPG

Sorry - terrible light in the basement!

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WooHoo! This is such an exciting phase of set up. Super stressful too. Keeping an eye on things always gets hairy when a treatment has to start. But I love it!

We are Disney Freaks. We have been to Disney as a family many times. Also we went sans children for our 20th anniversary in 2016. No shame at all. I don't even hafta talk my husband into it. While planning he would say he did not want to go to an all inclusive. He wanted to go to our happy place and see the mouse. We also chaperoned the band last spring when they marched down Main Street.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, rendition number 2 of aquascape. Opened more holes, built from back to front to allow for more depth and "shelves" for corals . . . still not sure - could be more? Let me know what you think! (Also went and got the branch so I can get a better idea of what it will look like! It will go back to curing when I am done! :)
IMG_3862.JPG
IMG_3863.JPG
IMG_3864.JPG
IMG_3866.JPG
IMG_3867.JPG
IMG_3868.JPG
IMG_3869.JPG
IMG_3870.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3872.JPG
IMG_3873.JPG
IMG_3874.JPG
I like it

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great progress!!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Coop ! ! Is it all right if I call you Coop? :)

Even got the Hubby involved too?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back