New 20 Gallon Cube!

Tank Lazy D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I have just set my first saltwater tank! I bought a Waterbox cube 20 gallon, AI HD Prime 16, Live rock and Live sand. Super excited to start building my mini reef. However, the waiting must continue! I actually bought this for both my son and I to grow with. He is 3 and has had a 11 gallon fresh water for 2 years. His birthday is Oct 29th, so why not start a reef tank! We have two snails and two hermit crabs to start our cleaning crew. Still a ways out for fish and coral, but we are having fun looking at different species! Looking forward to learning new and cool things for beginners!
Fish Picture 2.jpg
Fish Tank 3.jpg

OP
OP
Tank Lazy D

Tank Lazy D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! we are super excited! I replaced the standard pump with the Syncra Silent today. Our Vortech MP 10 will be here this week along with my ATO and Skimmer! I told my wife I am ready for a 500!! It was a hard no from her!

OP
OP
Tank Lazy D

Tank Lazy D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all!

Have a question. My son, as a 3 year old was bale to grab a pole and start thrashing around in the tank last night. Not a ton of damage, but I did notice that the three chambers on the back of the Cube 20, have the same water level now. Before, the first chamber was the fullest, then the second, then finally the sump pump chamber. Is it bad they are all full?

TIA

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back