New 210g FOWLR (part of a 2 tank mirror build)

AquaCave

witchywoman725

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So I’m in the beginning stages of a 2- 210g mirror tank build. The first one is a FOWLR and the second will be a reef. I’m currently cycling the FOWLR tank (I’ll add aquascape pictures below). I have some FOWLR stock already in a 75g that I will be transferring (see below) and I have 2 clowns and a purple firefish to ease into the new tank (post-fishless cycle) but here is what I’m thinking for stocking:

in QT to add in 210g post fishless cycle
  • 2 clowns (to be moved to reef tank)
  • Purple fish fish
Already in 75g tank to be added slowly after previous:
  • stars & stripes puffer (my pride & joy)
  • Valentini puffer
  • Flaco (flame)hawk
  • Bangaii Cardinal x2
  • Diamond goby
  • Sandsifting starfish
Hopeful additions:
  • White tail bristletooth kole tang
  • Fox face rabbit fish
  • Golden dwarf moray eel (at least 1 year after tank established?)
  • 5-7 lyretail anthias
What are your thoughts on stocking (more/less)? The new tank is a Cade 1500 peninsula (210g total/180 display). I have a full neptune control system with dos for AWC, ATK, GRO, COR-20, 2 WAVs, 2 klir filter “socks”, octo skimmer (which I need to update larger but I’m waiting to see how the refuge works before I upgrade). And plenty of live rock in sump too…

279EC070-E2C6-4488-83B1-ACF10BB52C71.png A2BE71BB-EBBF-4865-AE0F-571954A1D6A3.png
My next thread will be a matching Cade as a reef tank… lol… 12’ of marine life *loving the dream* lol!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Dan_P

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So I’m in the beginning stages of a 2- 210g mirror tank build. The first one is a FOWLR and the second will be a reef. I’m currently cycling the FOWLR tank (I’ll add aquascape pictures below). I have some FOWLR stock already in a 75g that I will be transferring (see below) and I have 2 clowns and a purple firefish to ease into the new tank (post-fishless cycle) but here is what I’m thinking for stocking:

in QT to add in 210g post fishless cycle
  • 2 clowns (to be moved to reef tank)
  • Purple fish fish
Already in 75g tank to be added slowly after previous:
  • stars & stripes puffer (my pride & joy)
  • Valentini puffer
  • Flaco (flame)hawk
  • Bangaii Cardinal x2
  • Diamond goby
  • Sandsifting starfish
Hopeful additions:
  • White tail bristletooth kole tang
  • Fox face rabbit fish
  • Golden dwarf moray eel (at least 1 year after tank established?)
  • 5-7 lyretail anthias
What are your thoughts on stocking (more/less)? The new tank is a Cade 1500 peninsula (210g total/180 display). I have a full neptune control system with dos for AWC, ATK, GRO, COR-20, 2 WAVs, 2 klir filter “socks”, octo skimmer (which I need to update larger but I’m waiting to see how the refuge works before I upgrade). And plenty of live rock in sump too…

279EC070-E2C6-4488-83B1-ACF10BB52C71.png A2BE71BB-EBBF-4865-AE0F-571954A1D6A3.png
My next thread will be a matching Cade as a reef tank… lol… 12’ of marine life *loving the dream* lol!
Wow! You are really into saltwater aquaria. Sounds nice.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AquaCave

Are there parts of the hobby that you don’t talk about?

• I am an open clam . . . er, open book about my tank challenges

Votes: 107 50.5%
  • I share many of my challenges, but not all of them

Votes: 64 30.2%
  • I rarely share my reefing challenges

Votes: 30 14.2%
  • I’m still clammed up. I have nothing to say

Votes: 15 7.1%
Legendary