New 235g SPS build hybrid lighting questions

cokeeffe03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, planning out my build for the new house. 235g display, 300g stock tank sump with a standard 75g and a 42"x42" frag tank sharing it. Sps dominant with a few encrusting lps (leptos, cyphastrea, etc.). Using the LEDs from my previous tank in a new hybrid fixture (61" Aquaticlife Hybrid fixture with 4x AI Hydra 52HD in the center with 4x 60" T5). Tank dimensions are 72x30x25. Planning on stacking the rock 1/2 to 3/5 of the way up the tank to give room for the sticks to grow. I think I'm going to go with 2x ATI Blue Plus and 2x ATI Aquablue Special for the T5s.

I've been having trouble finding recommended programming for the AI fixtures. I want some nice high par ratings that will show off a nice SPS collection, but I can't find a PAR meter rental (does BRS still do it?) and don't want to pony up the cash for something I'll use once (maybe twice if i switch things up). With the T5 bulbs thrown in, can I just go ahead and use AB+ or should I dial in a custom program to account for the spectrum of the T5s? Does anyone have any recommendations or can someone point me in the direction of a program that may work?

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, planning out my build for the new house. 235g display, 300g stock tank sump with a standard 75g and a 42"x42" frag tank sharing it. Sps dominant with a few encrusting lps (leptos, cyphastrea, etc.). Using the LEDs from my previous tank in a new hybrid fixture (61" Aquaticlife Hybrid fixture with 4x AI Hydra 52HD in the center with 4x 60" T5). Tank dimensions are 72x30x25. Planning on stacking the rock 1/2 to 3/5 of the way up the tank to give room for the sticks to grow. I think I'm going to go with 2x ATI Blue Plus and 2x ATI Aquablue Special for the T5s.

I've been having trouble finding recommended programming for the AI fixtures. I want some nice high par ratings that will show off a nice SPS collection, but I can't find a PAR meter rental (does BRS still do it?) and don't want to pony up the cash for something I'll use once (maybe twice if i switch things up). With the T5 bulbs thrown in, can I just go ahead and use AB+ or should I dial in a custom program to account for the spectrum of the T5s? Does anyone have any recommendations or can someone point me in the direction of a program that may work?
BRS lets you buy the unit, keep it for 2 months, and return it for a $100.00 restocking fee.
It will be the BEST $100.00 you spend on this build. If you get done with your par measuring quickly, you will have your refund back to your credit card before it comes due.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

cokeeffe03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS lets you buy the unit, keep it for 2 months, and return it for a $100.00 restocking fee.
It will be the BEST $100.00 you spend on this build. If you get done with your par measuring quickly, you will have your refund back to your credit card before it comes due.
Great idea! Definitely going this way. Thanks! Any recommendations on which meter works best for a hybrid fixture?

Upvote 0

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea! Definitely going this way. Thanks! Any recommendations on which meter works best for a hybrid fixture?
Get the new version.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

cokeeffe03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the new version.
Will do! Thanks again