OP
Aquainas

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking build so far, it's nice to have a spouse that is understanding of the hobby. I hear people complain about what their spouses will and wont let them do and it makes me appreciate my wife even more. I am goofing off at work looking at this so I haven't had a chance to watch the videos but I will be tonight. I kind of home you go with the kessil, nice test run for all of us to watch. Sorry if you have to be the test dummy lol.

Hey thanks for goofing off and checking it out!
We are both very lucky to have extremely understanding women in our lives.:D

I've been the test bed of many new products in the past, but I feel the Kessil choice is a pretty safe bet! Now if I could get them to ship me 5 units tomorrow that would be fantastic:D

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard this morning they have opened up pre-orders, but I have no idea where you can go to pre-order one. I have never had a Kessil but there is a huge following so I'm sure you're right, its a safe bet.

OP
OP
Aquainas

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love it...UPS rolls up an hour and half past the 10:30am delivery time for Next day Priority with both shipments of salt:confused:.
Still haven't got the shipping notification on the first order.
Guess its better to have more than you need right:)
Would have been nice to know it was coming because I would have saved myself $110 on overnight shipping.

20181003_120742.jpg

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was refreshing that they delivery guy brought it to the garage and noticed the nice floor, commented on it, and lifted the boxes off rather than pulling the handtruck from beneath the stack:D
It's a nice floor, I can understand why he did.

OP
OP
Aquainas

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle is coming along, qt and work has consumed all my time so no other progress to report. I did however decide to stick with Radions, cant afford to wait on the new Kessils, so lights and pumps were ordered today :)

OP
OP
Aquainas

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys quick update...got the lights hung and cable/module management almost complete...thoughts?
Now my previous post makes sense right?;)
Gonna go work on setting up the Vortechs!
20181102_175136.jpg
20181102_162656.jpg

OP
OP
Aquainas

Aquainas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good I love your diy boxes for your lights! What did you use?

Thanks reefcoin! Originally I was hoping to find something "off the shelf" but that was when I thought I was going the Kessil route, where options for a round "something" was in abundance. When it hit me that I could go the Radion route and achieve a similar effect, I knew it was going to be impossible to find something to fit the XR15's so...some 5/8" shelving material and 1/2 x 1/2 polished aluminium angle iron was the solution. Still fairly light and got the job done.:cool:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back