jcdeboe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the 300 on the stand and will be posting the new build as it comes along.

-Custom stand stainless steel powder coated created custom for the tank by Nighthawk Designs, LLC in Tucson, AZ. Tim Sheehey is the owner. He is currently creating the steel acid washed panels for the stand and working on a controller cabinet and light bar. These are not finished and are not in the pics below (yet).

-Custom 300 gallon GlassCages with center internal overflow, bean animal with 2 external return pumps. The tank is the second one they have done with the new custom smoked glass eurobracing and full black silicone with low iron front and 2 sides. Also, they did a custom black tint for the back wall.

-Custom Synergy Reef CL-44 sump with 2-1.5 inch external returns and 3 1.5 inch drains. Also, the sump has the 3-1 inch bulk heads for the manifold and 4 John Guest fittings for dosing, etc. ATO reservoir is matching 10 gallon. RODI is plumbed into the ATO reservoir with possible auto water change capabilities (not sure yet).

-Skimmer is a Reef Octopus 220-SSS deluxe with Varios 6s Pinwheel pump

-I may experiment with the Klir filter roller but am not sure yet.

-Lights are 2 Aquatic Life Dimmable
T5 LED hybrid fixtures with 4-Radion XR 15 gen 5 LEDs.

-Poweheads are 4 Ecotech Marine MP 40s in the display and 1 Reef Octopus Pulse 4 in the sump.

-Return pumps are Reef Octopus Varios 8 both external.

-UV sterilizer is an Aqua UV 57 watt with wiper.

-Full Apex with ATK, Flow meters, Leak detection, 2 eb832s, and Trident.

-Also have a CoralVue Hydros Wave engine.

-Not sure if I will do a Ca reactor or Kalk yet

-No Refugium (may do a Pax Bellum ARID but haven’t decided)

-Possibly doing Zeovit but not sure yet as I’m still planning.

-Tank will be SPS dominant with some euphyllia and other LPS

-Fish planned are several Tangs (getting all juvenile at the same time), my black storm clown pair, my jewel damsel, my 6 line, and then will get some anthias and others that I have not decided yet.

Thank you in advance for any advice and I hope everyone enjoys the progress!

-

3EC6A495-18C3-4A27-8ECF-52741636BC8B.jpeg 109A70AF-6A9C-4F76-A4EC-3E9778FB3FFD.jpeg 5BEC0417-CB54-467A-9586-C89B0EF75B91.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very Nice !!

OP
OP
jcdeboe

jcdeboe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great dimensions. I hear good things about glass cages. Tagging along!

Thank you! Yes, Joe from Glass Cages has stepped up the tank game for sure. He bought the company in October of 2019 and he is now doing things the big boys are doing. The tank is beautiful and built like a tank haha. If you need anything or want to do a custom give Joe a call. Great guy and impeccable service. Really caters to the reef hobbyist.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Yes, Joe from Glass Cages has stepped up the tank game for sure. He bought the company in October of 2019 and he is now doing things the big boys are doing. The tank is beautiful and built like a tank haha. If you need anything or want to do a custom give Joe a call. Great guy and impeccable service. Really caters to the reef hobbyist.
Thanks so much for sharing @jcdeboe We love what we do here at Glass Cages. And we are honored you allowed us to be a part of your journey. More innovation coming real soon......

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the 300 on the stand and will be posting the new build as it comes along.

-Custom stand stainless steel powder coated created custom for the tank by Nighthawk Designs, LLC in Tucson, AZ. Tim Sheehey is the owner. He is currently creating the steel acid washed panels for the stand and working on a controller cabinet and light bar. These are not finished and are not in the pics below (yet).

-Custom 300 gallon GlassCages with center internal overflow, bean animal with 2 external return pumps. The tank is the second one they have done with the new custom smoked glass eurobracing and full black silicone with low iron front and 2 sides. Also, they did a custom black tint for the back wall.

-Custom Synergy Reef CL-44 sump with 2-1.5 inch external returns and 3 1.5 inch drains. Also, the sump has the 3-1 inch bulk heads for the manifold and 4 John Guest fittings for dosing, etc. ATO reservoir is matching 10 gallon. RODI is plumbed into the ATO reservoir with possible auto water change capabilities (not sure yet).

-Skimmer is a Reef Octopus 220-SSS deluxe with Varios 6s Pinwheel pump

-I may experiment with the Klir filter roller but am not sure yet.

-Lights are 2 Aquatic Life Dimmable
T5 LED hybrid fixtures with 4-Radion XR 15 gen 5 LEDs.

-Poweheads are 4 Ecotech Marine MP 40s in the display and 1 Reef Octopus Pulse 4 in the sump.

-Return pumps are Reef Octopus Varios 8 both external.

-UV sterilizer is an Aqua UV 57 watt with wiper.

-Full Apex with ATK, Flow meters, Leak detection, 2 eb832s, and Trident.

-Also have a CoralVue Hydros Wave engine.

-Not sure if I will do a Ca reactor or Kalk yet

-No Refugium (may do a Pax Bellum ARID but haven’t decided)

-Possibly doing Zeovit but not sure yet as I’m still planning.

-Tank will be SPS dominant with some euphyllia and other LPS

-Fish planned are several Tangs (getting all juvenile at the same time), my black storm clown pair, my jewel damsel, my 6 line, and then will get some anthias and others that I have not decided yet.

Thank you in advance for any advice and I hope everyone enjoys the progress!

-

3EC6A495-18C3-4A27-8ECF-52741636BC8B.jpeg 109A70AF-6A9C-4F76-A4EC-3E9778FB3FFD.jpeg 5BEC0417-CB54-467A-9586-C89B0EF75B91.jpeg

Very nice! My one piece of advice is to set up an auto water change system from the start. Makes water changes so much easier and can even be set up to automatically do water changes x days a week. Creates more consistency. Just my two cents. Enjoy!

OP
OP
jcdeboe

jcdeboe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! My one piece of advice is to set up an auto water change system from the start. Makes water changes so much easier and can even be set up to automatically do water changes x days a week. Creates more consistency. Just my two cents. Enjoy!

Thanks so much! I think that is the plan. I will definitely keep you posted!

OP
OP
jcdeboe

jcdeboe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been mentioned, shipping prices are insane at the moment, I would love to have a Glass Cages tank in England. :)

Hopefully the shipping will get better once the corona improves. But yes, I can’t even begin to imagine how expensive it is to send to the UK right now.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back