New 300g Fowlr in the making!

senjey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello gang. In the process of setting up a 300g Fowlr tank. Excited to share equipment and planing

Setup Full Plan:
300g Deep dimension tank
200g melevs reef Sump
Custom Metal stand for tank support
Custom removable Wood panels and Canopy
2 Kessil Ap700
Reef octopus skimmer
1 Vectra L2 return pump(using one overflow)
2 Fluval heaters
Spectraforce 5 stage Rodi system
1 Vectra L2 pump for a closed loop system(using other overflow area)

Plumbing plan in progress. Getting all plumbing stuff from BRS. More updates to follow.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B7DA474A-13A7-4A7E-A3F0-27F6866F6213.gif

300 FOWLR now we’re talking look forward to seeing your progress!

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah this was my immediate reaction. Do you just really like the look of them or do you just happen to have them lying around? Seems like massive massive massive overkill in a fowlr
Yeah if he's going to be using those lights maybe some Dragon's Breath macroalgae at least? Can definitely grow something with those lights.

OP
OP
S

senjey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you looking to stock?
good question. didn't get into that yet as i am doing one by one slowly :) . but thinking to start with a clown pair followed by tangs, angels and wrasses

OP
OP
S

senjey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this was my immediate reaction. Do you just really like the look of them or do you just happen to have them lying around? Seems like massive massive massive overkill in a fowlr
Yes. this was one thing i contemplated a lot. here is the story. i am new to reef/saltwater. so got 1 AP700 bcos i liked it. When i got this big tank, coverage was not good. Instead of returning that AP700, i got one more :)

OP
OP
S

senjey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if he's going to be using those lights maybe some Dragon's Breath macroalgae at least? Can definitely grow something with those lights.
i had a 220g freshwater with exotic and some rare cichlids. totally new to reef and stuff. so decided on FOWLR and learn things. maybe in future grow something :)

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. this was one thing i contemplated a lot. here is the story. i am new to reef/saltwater. so got 1 AP700 bcos i liked it. When i got this big tank, coverage was not good. Instead of returning that AP700, i got one more :)
Would be fun to maybe start with some reef safe with caution fish in your tank to keep the option open then!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you got this. SW is not that much harder then FW. just a tad more expensive.

auto top off is a must keeps your salinity stable. OK just not a must have but trust us it might as well be.
go slow and ask questions along the way. you will find the SW peeps more eager to help than the FW folks. I was thinking about a planted FW so i joined a few FB groups my good with a not friendly bunch. lol

Back