New 32G Biocube where to place mature Marine Pure

VG30DE-TT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm not brand new, but I am moving everything over from my 1st tank (traditional glass 29G, HOB over flow & 8Gsump) to a 32G biocube. I have a LOT of Marine Pure bio spheres that I already moved over, the new tank was almost immediately cycled, had a very small ammonia spike, probably because I didn't wipe down the new tank, I just filled it up and got it up to temperature. All seems well. It has been about a week, I had a leak developing on the old tank (2 year old Aqueon 29G) so I had to evacuate. I had to transplant 2x "black ice" clowns, 2x Engineer Gobys, 2X Blue leg hermits and 1X Nasariouss (digger sail lol) rather quickly. Currently ALL of the Marine Pure out of my old sump is in chamber #2 of the 32BioCube, I have Ordered the InTank Media and Refugium baskets, my concern is that I won't have enough room in chamber2 for all the Bio spheres and the baskets. Also when you disturb the Marine pure it is very silty, I've placed them into media bags and even handing the bags creates a ton of silt, I don't think having a lot in the bottom of the media rack is a great idea, since I'll be removing the racks for maintenance and disturbing. I'm defiantly going to toss a small bag of Marine Pure balls into the return pump section (#3) and I will keep as many as I can in the bottom of the InTank rack as long as they don't get agitated badly during regular maintenance. My question is, can I put as many Marine Pure balls as I can in chamber #1 (under the Heater/skimmer)

All my Marine pure will be in bags, I couldn't imagine chasing individual spheres around in the back on this BioCube. I think even spread across all 3 chambers I have too much on hand I just want to use as much as I can

rocketbunny69.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can fit as much in were ever you can, you can even cut it up into shapes to make it fit your particular system.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back