OP
andrewkw

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to believe I haven't had this tank a year. It seems like it's always been there. I have filled it up and emptied it, then filled it up again. That's what happens when you have lots of fast growing softies.

_MG_1065.JPG

_MG_1061.JPG

Still adding more. Since I live in the middle of no where I can only sell a few frags locally. in April I will be hitting some fish stores and hopefully trading a couple hundred frags. If I didn't live in the middle of no where I'd want 10 of these lowboys.

Shot a video which shows the frags a little better, and just how simple of a setup this is.

seldon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, there is a low boy available at my local fish store. Your thread has really sold me on it.

OP
OP
andrewkw

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_MG_2177.JPG

_MG_2205.JPG

Spent the last couple of days really cleaning up the tank. I have a critter keeper in the corner for all the ugly frags / loose polyps ect. Most of the stuff in here is pretty basic although I do have a few nice pieces. Unfortunately I don't see myself taking any of this stuff inf or store credit anytime soon. There is one free spot in the tank but I have some other corals that are currently in QT. I have a rabbitfish in here if I didn't I would use this tank for QT as well. I'm actually debating catching the rabbit and just putting him into a qt tank so I don't have to worry about the coral qt system.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white paint looks awesome. Think I’ll be stealing that idea

when I built my Fishroom, I added an2x4
Foot stand for a lowboy50 grow out/frag tank. Plumbed into main system. I’m just now ready for one, but shutdown hit and I haven’t left the house. My local store is 7 minutes away but he rarely gets them in. Going to call him Tuesday to set up an order for one- seeing yours pushed me into action

thanks for sharing

OP
OP
andrewkw

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such an impressive frag tank! Great variety of pieces.

Thanks! This tank is mostly coral overflow, so it fills with fast growing softies, but there are a couple of sps and some LPS as well. A few things I like to keep doubles of since this is a separate system. I also normally use this as a coral QT as well, but I have a fish in here so I have been using a separate tank for qt then they'll go in here, then on to display.

There are not many local reefers so if I can't sell some frags soon I'm going to have to expand the tank. The sump is really just a 55g with live rock and a return and heaters so I can probably place quite a few frags in there if need be..

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I just really dense- or have you done something different with your frag rack legs?

Im not seeing any corner pvc legs. Or am I blind?

OP
OP
andrewkw

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I just really dense- or have you done something different with your frag rack legs?

Im not seeing any corner pvc legs. Or am I blind?

White on white :) The big rack just has a few pvc pieces holding it up. The smaller ones have legs glued on and some of the even smaller ones which are not visible in the pictures due to the xenia ect are just held slightly up with some pvc under them.

Smaller racks are probably the way to go to make them easier to remove and then you don't have to take ALL the corals off to remove them.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White on white :) The big rack just has a few pvc pieces holding it up. The smaller ones have legs glued on and some of the even smaller ones which are not visible in the pictures due to the xenia ect are just held slightly up with some pvc under them.

Smaller racks are probably the way to go to make them easier to remove and then you don't have to take ALL the corals off to remove them.
Yeah, I thought I saw a couple pvc union collars in there with the rack resting on it. Good idea

I bought blue pvc for my legs, but the lowboy is so shallow, I don’t think I’ll even elevate the egg rate, other than a few fittings. Probably keep it for my coral QT V3.0 once I clear this batch. Moving up from a 10g to a 20long so I can put proper power head and filtration in it. I do quickQT with saltwater acclimated mollies acting as canaries for ich and velvet. 3 weeks, but mollies are sooooooo dirty I have to do 50% changes every 3-4 days plus daily poop siphon.

I’m loving this tank man. The white bottom just looks really different. I guess you lose a bit of pop on the visuals. no big deal though

Aaron Shapiro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a really awesome build thread, thanks for sharing. I’m currently using a 25g Lagoon from IM as my frag/coral overflow tank... This has me dreaming of more space.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found your YouTube channel- you really need to advertise that here man, great content.

I realized it was yours from your white bottomed lowboy50

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pick up my lowboy on Tuesday. The left 12” is going to hold some rock work with mangroves in the top (to give it like a volcano jungle island theme) then the other 3’ is going to be grow out and acclimation after QT

rereading this thread has got me all sorts of excited for my addition

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine is a work in progress but i wanted to do it like yours but it didn't look right in the space i have set aside for it. Made a pull out drawer to test and frag on.
20190524_201512.jpeg
20190513_210817.jpeg
Do you have a blueprint or picks on how to on this stand? I’d like to try this stand for sure on my 50g lowboy.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back