Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I watched the video a week or so ago I was like... He isn't making a bridge with the power deck on the truck... Is he? Then I realized they were using the loading ramp. THEN I realized the other side was a stack of pallets ;Bored;Joyful. I was like whoa this dude is either insane or a genius! It was more suspense than the last action movie I watched. It was quite entertaining.

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I watched the video a week or so ago I was like... He isn't making a bridge with the power deck on the truck... Is he? Then I realized they were using the loading ramp. THEN I realized the other side was a stack of pallets ;Bored;Joyful. I was like whoa this dude is either insane or a genius! It was more suspense than the last action movie I watched. It was quite entertaining.

lol ---There was a lot of crazy going on lol. Trust me when they told me there idea i was like heck no! But they said dont worry its going to be ok. Yeah your not the guy on the bottom and a 900 pound tank going to fall on you lol. I prayed while I was looking up thinking how this could end so badly.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol ---There was a lot of crazy going on lol. Trust me when they told me there idea i was like heck no! But they said dont worry its going to be ok. Yeah your not the guy on the bottom and a 900 pound tank going to fall on you lol. I prayed while I was looking up thinking how this could end so badly.

Hhhmmmm... sounds a little bit like you were doubting your "hulking" farmboy strength. I, for one, am disappointed. Consider this strike one! :p

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have that lovely Koi painting? Would look great in the new fish room.

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PAXBELLUM ARID C36 REACTOR
NUTRIENT EXPORTER AT ITS FINEST !
Pax_Bellum_Arid_3c313063-08a7-4405-85ea-a6e952e47966_1024x1024.jpg
Pax_Bellum_Arid_Chaeto_83c448e1-48a7-4e94-b599-dec18d87e61d_large.jpg

Pax Bellum ARID C36 Macro-algae Based Bio Filter (300-1000 gal system)
I chose to go with the Pax BellumARIDc36 because I am a big fan of trying to keep my tank as natural as possible. THe ARID c36 runs on macro-algae. I have always ran Marco algae on all my tanks with great success. The concept of using macro-algae as a method of nutrient export is not new. However, the introduction of the ARID (Algae Remediation Illuminated Device) the original, patented macroalgae reactor by Pax Bellum is a quantum leap forward. This ingenious device utilizes macroalgae (specifically Chaetomorpha) to function as a tunable nutrient export mechanism. The unique design of the ARID incorporates a coaxial LED light tube to maximize light penetration and efficiency.

feature-5.jpg

Tube flange design

The tube and flange design of the device serves to isolate the algae from atmospheric CO2, which effectively limits the carbon source for the algae to only that which is respired by organisms within the aquarium. This is a self regulating feature and eliminates organic carbon buildup (yellowing of the water). The ARID is analogous to a lung for the aquarium, by supersaturating the aquarium with oxygen created by the algae during its respiration while removing excess CO2. Pax Bellum recommends running the ARID on a "reverse daylight" cycle (i.e.; opposite of the display aquarium) which helps to balance the natural day/night pH swing that occur, and to maintain high dissolved oxygen levels throughout the night when the display aquarium lighting is off and photosynthesis has ceased.
ca-c_series_kit_a0e0a8a2-43eb-441b-a628-f2783c000443_776x.jpg
Use the ARID with a Calcium Reactor. Purchase the Ca injection assembly (Ca Reactor Feed and Injection Assembly) this compact manifold threads directly into the water inlet on the base of the ARID n24, c30, c36 and inline with tubing on the n18. The assembly can be installed or removed at any time by the aquarist. This optional kit sends water directly to a Ca reactor or peristaltic pump supplying the Ca reactor, and receives effluent from the Ca reactor. This is accomplished by separating the high and low pressure ports by a user preset valve. The effluent coming from the calcium reactor passes through the included drip counter, and then enters the low pressure side of the calcium injection assembly where it mixes with the bulk of the water entering the ARID, making contact with the macro-algae where it is stripped of excess CO2 and PO4 before entering the reef system. This optional kit can increase the growth rate of your macroalgae and with it the nutrient uptake rate and dissolved oxygen production.

Subscribe to my channel FArmBoyReef

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hhhmmmm... sounds a little bit like you were doubting your "hulking" farmboy strength. I, for one, am disappointed. Consider this strike one! :p
THe Farm Boy Strengh from picking stones in our fields on the farm at a young age gave me the power thanks dad lol

Thad disbrow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build going. Just started my first peninsula waterbox 5526 and its awesome. I can see through the whole basement from the stairs. You will definitely enjoy it. Watching the thread!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This wouldn't be an issue if Reef PVC was a sponsor. However, this particular case is a curious and interesting one. I've seen a number of times when people have posted discount codes to sites that are not sponsors. I would read up on the policy but, presently, lack the time. Ryan are you affiliated with Reef PVC in any way other than being a customer?

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This wouldn't be an issue if Reef PVC was a sponsor. However, this particular case is a curious and interesting one. I've seen a number of times when people have posted discount codes to sites that are not sponsors. I would read up on the policy but, presently, lack the time. Ryan are you affiliated with Reef PVC in any way other than being a customer?
I will have to read up on this as well. I have referred people to other businesses that are not sponsors. Hmmm...

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased all my parts from him. He is a kid staring a new business I wanted to help him out. I dont want to step on toes. I shouldn't have posted it before reading the rules. I took it down :) We can get back to the build. Hows your day going?

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just trying to help a kid that was starting up a new pvc sales business. I took it down. It wont happen again. :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to read up on this as well. I have referred people to other businesses that are not sponsors. Hmmm...

I refer people to businesses constantly. However, I never offer any discount pricing or the like.
Please let us know what you find out when you read the policy(ies). Thanks!

I purchased all my parts from him. He is a kid staring a new business I wanted to help him out. I dont want to step on toes. I shouldn't have posted it before reading the rules. I took it down :) We can get back to the build. Hows your day going?

I am all about helping out small, start-up businesses. Especially so if they are local!

As for stepping on toes, I don't mind. You're a farm boy and I'm a city boy. Born and raised on the South side of Chicago to be exact. I can take a whole lot more than a little toe stepping. :p

Thanks for asking about my day! My day is going along pretty well, so far. So, don't go ruining it! ;)

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my new Apex base gets delivered because my other one gave up the ghost and the new kamora pump for my calcium reactor. Should be delivered anytime. Sucks when gear that cost so much stops working.

Kamoer-FX-STP-Peristaltic-P (1).jpg
Apex base unit.jpg

Subscribe to my channel FArmBoyReef

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my new Apex base gets delivered because my other one gave up the ghost and the new kamora pump for my calcium reactor. Should be delivered anytime. Sucks when gear that cost so much stops working.

Kamoer-FX-STP-Peristaltic-P (1).jpg
Apex base unit.jpg

I want to simultaneously like and be saddened by your post but that's not an option.

How did you arrive at using the Kamoer? I'm imagining it's because it's a decent dosing pump for the money and, possibly, because there may not be many options up aboot nort der, eh? :p

And, yeah, it does suck when any gear craps out. Especially the high dollar equipment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to simultaneously like and be saddened by your post but that's not an option.

How did you arrive at using the Kamoer? I'm imagining it's because it's a decent dosing pump for the money and, possibly, because they're may not be many options up aboot nort der, eh? :p

And, yeah, it does suck when any gear craps out. Especially the high dollar equipment.
LOl love the Canadian accent. When I go to the reef shows everyone makes sure ans mentions that to me.,...your is spot on. The pump was 349$ It had great reviews. Couple buddies have pump they like it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 142 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.0%
Back